FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:46:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just an update on Linking and Uploading Images on the Forum  (Read 3046 times)
DougT

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »
+2

During my efforts to post pics to the forum I registered for PhotoBucket only to find out it is no longer a free service. I was able to register and utilize Imgur, not to difficult to navigate in, just remember to re-size images before copying into the forum. Regards Doug
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 04:07:19 PM »

+1 for imgur, I use it all the time. There's an 'embed code for bulletin boards and forums' option that is exactly what you need to copy/paste here to get the image to appear.

You don't have to sign up, but if you do it makes it a lot easier to keep track of all your images, create albums for them etc.

And here's a pro tip which applies to any image links: if you don't want to resize your images (or forget to), you can also force them to appear on the forum at a sane size by editing the code as follows:

Code:
[img]your URL here[/img]

to

Code:
[img width=800]your URL here[/img]

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: