FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:24:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help: Self Park on 2 speed wipers with a VT Comm stalk  (Read 1287 times)
jwk87

Model: other Holden

jason.king.5623 jdonlineinvest
View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2021, 02:51:07 PM »

Hi all,

I am after any wiring gurus who also know there way around relays etc.

This is what I am trying to do.

I have a Castlemaine Auto Electrics 2 speed wiper motor in my FJ ute and FJ van. I am wanting to run the VT wiper stalk with the wipers.

I can get everything to work except for it to self park.

Now this is where I need some help. How the self park mechanism works as far as I know is that when the wiper stalk is turned to the off position what happens is the park wire on the stalk goes live which then allows the park mechanism to activate at park the wires. I dont think the wiper stalk as a wire for park, so I would most likely need a wire from a relay to go live when the stalk has been switched off.

I don know how to get the park wire to go live when the stalk is moved to the off position.

Now for some diagrams

This is the wiper motor pinout

This is the wiring diagram for the VT stalk. There is only 3 wires that I do not have connected - one is a wire for a wagon and the other is a green wire (which I am led to believe goes to an intermittent wiper relay? and a white and blue wire.

Any thought how I can make a wire on this switch go live when it is turned off (even if the wire is coming from a relay??

Thanks
Jason

FireKraka

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 11:23:49 AM »

Hi Jason;
Not sure if I can be of assistance but I have a VT steering column in my EK Ute and use a VP commodore wiper motor, I don't have intermittent as I'm not using the body module (BCM), the wipers do park when turned off however admittedly not at the bottom of the screen which I have to try to sort out.
I don't remember off the top of my head which wires went where but I will look at my notes and see if I wrote it down if you like and see if I can shed some light on it for you.

By the way what motor id the CRS one and are they not able to assist??
Regards
Neil   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: