FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:40:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Different sized brake shoe adjuster screws  (Read 1327 times)
DougT

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2020, 04:05:42 PM »

Another question for the wise, I have two different sized brake adjuster screws, some with a round head 5/8 inch in diameter and some with an elliptical head 11/16 inch wide by 13/16 inch long. Which wheel cylinder adjuster covers were fitted with which adjuster screws i.e. smaller adjuster for rear cylinders and larger adjusters for front cylinders, or was there a design change at some point?

Doug
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »

Master parts catalog says there's only one part number for the adjuster, front and rear.  But some could have a machined slot, and some could have a forged slot.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
DougT

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 06:16:34 PM »

Thanks Rob, I have had a closer look following your comments and would agree that the larger elliptical (oval) head adjuster is cast and the smaller round head adjusters could be machined, hard to tell with all the years of rust. Another odd thing is that some of the small head adjusters have a rounded edge at the back just before the thread and some do not, that is to say, they have a sharp edge. I'll put it down to an engineering change at some point.

Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: