FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:30:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dragster chassis - needle in a haystack.  (Read 1496 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2022, 02:58:51 PM »

This is a longshot, but a wise man recently reminded me that it cots nothing to ask. Its mildly offtopic (and can understand if the Moderators delete it) but I promise has a grey motor flavour.

For the time being I have enough projects to keep me busy (kids cars, the Norman-blown FB Holden project). Thinking ahead though to what the next project might be. Figured I should start now, as it can often take a long time to gather the various parts.

For my next project, I'm thinking a front engined dragster (FED). Grey powered, probably Norman blown/Hilborn injected. Not overly interested in serious competition (CAMS/ANDRA/IHRA compliance etc), probably run it at Nostalgia events or the weekly Eastern Creek events.

I could have a chassis made up (Rod Andrew's Race Cars is not too far away), but suspect it will be pretty spendy. I don't need the full compliance/certification either.

What interests me though would be to lay my hands on an old 60/70's FED. The market is pretty slim though... not the kind of thing that comes up for sale too often. Figure if I can lay my hands on one I can store it for a while (probably enough room under the house) then build it over time. A roller would be ideal, but even a chassis setup would be a good start.

Not sure though how to get hold of one. The various Facebook nostalgia groups seem to be heavily focussed on the blown V8s. Searching Gumtree, my105.com etc is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Appreciate views (or any leads) on how to hunt one down.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: