FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Headlight Rim Removal  (Read 2353 times)
veteranrob74

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

Hi, can anyone please provide assistance to remove my headlight rim from my FE so I can change the bulb. Sorry, first time doing this.
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 05:52:05 PM »

To remove the headlight surround: two self-tapping screws, one on the underside of the surround, one under the top of the surround.

If your headlights are Lucas, grab onto the outside of the headlamp and give it a counterclockwise twist to release it from the bucket.  If the headlamp hasn't been removed for a while, it'll be very stiff.  Give the headlight a gentle push inwards against spring pressure at the top, the left and the right, and try to release it.  WD-40 on the heads of the adjusting screws will help.  (The headlamp rim works like a bayonet fitting on the adjusting screws.)

When the headlamp's released, unplug the wiring from the back of the reflector: push the plug in gently and rotate counterclockwise, like you would with a light bulb.

Now you can remove and replace the bulb. Hold the reflector glass side down.  If you hold it glass up, the bulb will fall out and break, as I just discovered.

If your headlights are Bosch, tell me and I'll transcribe the instructions in the shop manual.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: