FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 03, 2020, 01:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of Victoria are proud to host the 18th FE-FC Holden Nationals, in Wangaratta over Easter 2020. Visit the Nats website for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator switch assembly  (Read 200 times)
abletec

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2020, 09:43:18 PM »

I've a question for somone that has taken apart and reassembled a 6 wire indicator switch on an FC. I have 3 small ball bearings but cannot find where they go. I have the switch cleaned and back together without the balls and it seems to function mechanically though not tested electrically. Nine springs fitted. Do the balls go on the centre spring under each brass contact block? Should there be more than 3 balls? Thanks for any assistance.
abletec

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »

I can't believe that no one has ventured to cleaning and rebuilding an indicator switch! Very simple, just need to know where the balls fit in. Can find nothing on line for Holden or any other make for that matter. Unfortunately mine sprang apart before I could see the correct positions. Probably need to find another one somewhere. I might need to do a video when I can get it together..
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »

Ok, so I was tempted to reply to your post When I saw it because I think the balls go in the bottom of the brass cups so that the springs sit on them.  But I’m not 100% sure
30 years ago I pulled one apart and springs and balls went everywhere. I said at the time I’m never doing that again.
So far I haven’t     Shocked
I’ve been lucky enough over the years to find quite a lot of NOS ones of these so I’ve never had to worry about cleaning/restoring them.
Doesn’t help much I guess. 

Ken
Errol62

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 10:58:44 PM »

What Ken said pretty much exactly my experience. No need to dick with it so donít. A lesson I learned early in my early holden fiddling career. Iíve pulled apart seat runners, steering boxes, speedos, regulators, carbies, diffs and quarter vents. But them pesky indicator switches have got me beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
abletec

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:28:11 PM »

Thanks for your responses. The switch seems to be in good condition just in many pieces. I will try to put it back together. A job where you need 3 hands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: