FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:52:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Tank Repair  (Read 2400 times)
abletec

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2020, 07:44:53 PM »

The fuel/petrol tank in my FC wagon is very dented but quite solid. I have started to remove the dents and it is coming up quite well. I have a question in that it has one particular side dent in the corner diagonally opposite the fuel filler pipe. It looks like it is factory pressed so don't know if I should remove it. Can anyone please tell me if all four corners should be basically the same or does one have a side pressing. I haven't got access to my wagon to see if there is a reason for the dent/pressing. I think a wagon van or ute would have the same fuel tank. Thanks.
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 08:42:50 PM »

Wagon, van and ute all have the same tank body, just the filler necks vary slightly between ute and wagon at least so I believe. There aren't any non symmetrical pressings and all the four corners and sides are identical.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 08:37:06 AM »

All four corners of the tank are completely identical, no pressed in sections.
Wagon, van and Ute tank are all identical including filler neck.

Ken
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 08:52:58 AM »

Makes sense about the filler neck Ken. I was thinking of FB wagon I suppose, not FE FC.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: