FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 17, 2024, 09:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Inlet manifold refurbishment  (Read 4872 times)
Snoop

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »

Hello Again Guys
I brought a set of twin carbies  a while ago and want to fit them to the ute  ( bit more time these days) the manifold is an alloy Warnerford brand. Would like to clean up alloy manifold and Carbies before fitting had a look online and some people simply clean them up with carby cleaner and then spray paint them. Is this process acceptable or should I be thinking sand blasting manifold and electroplating carby and linkages. Recommendations appreciated.
Cheers Peter
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 08:06:16 PM »

I had mine bead tumbled along with the carby  bodies, came up a treat. You can check them out on my rebuild page in project cars my FC rebuild on page 14. Most carby places would’ve able todo it for you.

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:10:04 PM »
+1

Not sure where you live, but I had mine done by Nigel at Extreme fuel systems in Campbelltown NSW.

Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 11:35:58 PM »

The process is acceptable Snoop. It will look and be functional. The extra effort and cash will just make it look prettier. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »

Hydroblast cleaning gives the Aluminium a nice satiny finish. Fraze
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 05:15:10 PM »
+1

http://www.xtremefuelsystems.com.au/

Nigel does a great job and can rebuild the carbies as well.
Regards
Alex

Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »

Thanks for feedback guys I live on the northern beaches but it sounds like Nigel from extreme is held in high regard and is the guy to see. Don’t know if carbies need rebuilding they were included in a complete engine I brought last year from one of the members in qld couldn’t drive car but we started it in the car and ran it for a few minutes.
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »

I had the same when I got mine, ended up putting kits through both carbies. Then after four years of sitting around I decided to get them cleaned and re jetted. When I saw Nigel about doing them, I noticed a triple manifold hanging on the wall, three weeks later I had the complete setup ready to go as per the photos on my build page.

Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »

Hi guys finished fiddling around with carbs and manifold came up ok see pic. Will bolt on and see how they go.
Cheers Snoop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 09:55:52 AM »

Gees Pete, they look great ,if they are as good as they look ,you will be 1000% happy ,what size main jet are you running in them ? ..Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 05:40:55 PM »

No idea Vern , whatever was in them when I brought the motor they came with. Just hoping they go ok bit of a lucky dip.
Peter
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 06:55:08 AM »

G'Day Pete. You may know this ,but ,there is a special tool to remove the main metering jet ,  mine looks like a large centre punch ,with a T bar ,one end is flat screwdriver blade to undo the large screw in float bowl base and other end is recessed to fit the flats on the little brass jet ,just unscrew it ,watch out for little copper washers ,then stamped on body of jet is its orifice size ..eg 052  ..I am interested what they run in twin Strombergs ,mine is single carby with a 051 main jet ..Don't go mucking around with your set up just for me ,I thought you may have known ,I guess carbies done as well as yours look will be ready to go  ..cheers Vern .

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Snoop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »

No Vern haven’t got special tool for jets ! have never pulled carbies apart before apart from maybe trying to reset a float level years ago. If they go ok and don’t leak I’ll prob just leave them if not maybe I’ll have a fiddle if that doesn’t work Nigel at extreme will get a job. Ps all the linkage shafts seem to actuate nice and Evenly with no slop that I can detect
Cheers Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: