FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 FE-FC Holden Nationals Cancelled  (Read 5857 times)
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »

An e-mail announcing cancellation of the 2020 FE-FC Holden Nationals has been sent to all entrants.

(And no, I'm not on the committee).

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »

The contents of that email are also posted on the official Nats Website.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank the organisers of the event who have been dealt a massive blow. Running a Nationals is a huge amount of work for about 3 years, and all signs pointed towards this being a great event. For it to suddenly not be occurring must be heartbreaking. To the organisers - and you know who you are - look after yourselves, first and foremost.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
geebeefc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 02:53:27 PM »

Hi all, Got to totally agree with that. A real shame that so much work and organizing has been for nothing. A big thanks to all involved. Also have to feel bad for the motel owners, etc. at Wangaratta, they will be taking a big hit. Hope you all stay safe and well. 
Cheers, Glenn
Trevor_B

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »

Hi guys,
By now all entrants will be well aware that we have cancelled the 18th FE FC Nationals. We have communicated this by all possible means including direct emails, SMS's, Nats Webpage, Facebook and this Forum.

It is very disappointing outcome after 4 years of planning and anticipation, especially as we got down to the last few weeks. We certainly appreciate the feedback provided by the Entrants and in some cases their generosity in donating their entry and merchandise fees towards the costs in preparing for the Nats.

We were also fortunate to have the support of some great sponsors such as the RACV and Rare Spares - they have continued to support us financially even though the Nats are cancelled.

So, by now almost all entrants should have been fully refunded. If you have not received your refund by Easter please email us and we will follow up.

As to the future of the 18th Nats?? Well, we don't really know at this stage. It depends on so much, especially how we, as a society, continue to impacted by Covid-19. The current approaches of social isolation seem to be working but ultimately it looks like that until the world has a vaccine against this virus, we may still all be at risk.

As soon as the 18th Nationals Committee can give a clear decision on the 18th Nats we will do this by a direct email & SMS to the entrants followed by an update on our Webpage & a Facebook announcement.

Meanwhile, please be safe and stay healthy. We also need to look after our family and friends even if we can't physically interact, a phone call or facetime  to maintain contact is essential for all of us to maintain our sanity. We are all fortunate to include our FE & FC Holden friends as part of our family.

On behalf of the 18th FE FC Holden Nationals Committee,
Trevor Black

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »

Thanks for the update Trevor. We are all so sorry that you have been put in this position. We thank you and all of the committee members for all their hard work.
We hope that the event can take place at another time when the world 🌎 becomes a safer place.

Cheers
Graham
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 07:32:32 AM »

Thank you for posting this vital information here as not all of us are on Facebook ..My car is nearing completion ,and I am looking forward to the next Nationals ,or even just next club outing ,whenever that will be ,I am sure the hard work by the organisers will be rewarded with the best ever turn out at the next nationals ..cheers Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: