FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:55:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HR Front end  (Read 2692 times)
canary

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

Want to known if i use FE bolts or HR ones to fit front end to sub frame also do I tighten to fe or hr spec
THANKS in advance
Brian
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »

You have to use sort of a half / half mixture unless you modify the front end to make it like an FC front end. This is my suggestion:
FC has a 3 layer rubber bush whereas HR only has 2.  So you need to use the FC upper long spacers (correct ones for front and rear) and the FC upper rubber bush and middle bush and then the lower FC bush, short spacer and square washer is deleted. You should tighten the bolts as per HR spec.

Ken
mph

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:42:11 PM »

You have to use sort of a half / half mixture unless you modify the front end to make it like an FC front end. This is my suggestion:
FC has a 3 layer rubber bush whereas HR only has 2.  So you need to use the FC upper long spacers (correct ones for front and rear) and the FC upper rubber bush and middle bush and then the lower FC bush, short spacer and square washer is deleted. You should tighten the bolts as per HR spec.

Ken
Old thread but just what I'm looking for thanks

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FB special
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: