FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:20:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE/FC Rear Screen Rubbers  (Read 13882 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 07:28:03 AM »

Thanks for your replies fellas ,are the seals you have fitted Rares or another make ? If the Old Auto Rubber seal I have was say another 3/16" deeper ,so it would sit that much higher in the channel I think it would be a good seal,there are no seats in the car so to look in boot closed is easy,when we got in could see daylight before even putting torch on..as far as the lip orientation ,as there is no instructions ,we concluded the lip would be on the inner edge as it rises and curves outwards and when crushed by the lid closing it would then be flattened ,form a seal ,and when lid opened it would rise with the lid and form a barrier/gutter for any water to run around the seal and away rather than over it ,were it mounted the other way around ..I do tend to over think things a bit ..anyway I'll come back to boot seal after Xmas ..Jim, FC Wrangler is coming today to fit front rear screens..cheers Vern 

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 11:11:22 PM »

Refitted Vern’s front and rear screens on his sedan today with another good result with the fit of the rear screen using the Old Rubber Co. rubber. The front on the other hand was a little problematic, the Rare’s rubber didn’t quite fit as it was a bit tight in the body which wouldn’t allow the rubber to pull all the way over the lip on the inside. The screen appeared to fit relatively well form the outside as the moulds sat down flush with the body but the inside sat reasonably well down the pillars and across the bottom, but sat a little proud across the top. I am a bit disappointed with the outcome as no matter how I tried, the rubber wouldn’t pull over any further whereas Steve’s screen fitted well.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »

I'm about to order new front and rear screen rubbers (along with a few others required) and wondering if I should try Old Rubber Co or Rares?

Cheers

Ben

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 12:34:03 PM »

Hi Ben, there has been no word from Rare Spares regarding the change in the rubbers. Old Rubber Co. only do the rear rubber and use Rares for the front, so you are limited for choice at the moment. You could try Betta Auto Rubbers, but I’m not sure if they use their own or Rares. I’all ring Rares and see if there has been any updates.
Jim

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »
+1

I am reading this thread now ,I thought I posted a job well done by Jim the FC Wrangler on my screen rubbers back in December ,can't see it here ,so another can't hurt , Jim did a good job ,even though he would have liked a better result ,you cant pick it and all trims fit and no leaks ,so i'm happy ..No one wrangles FC's like Jim does ..stay well ,take care ..Vern

GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »

Hi Ben, there has been no word from Rare Spares regarding the change in the rubbers. Old Rubber Co. only do the rear rubber and use Rares for the front, so you are limited for choice at the moment. You could try Betta Auto Rubbers, but I’m not sure if they use their own or Rares. I’all ring Rares and see if there has been any updates.
Jim

Thanks Jim,

Look forward to hearing what they come back with. 

I need to replace the following in my daily:
 - front & rear screens
 - both quarter vents
 - all 4 x doors & wind lacing
 - boot & bonnet

I was going to buy a "kit" but probably wouldn't use half of what's supplied and keep reading mixed opinions on all the suppliers and quality/fit etc...

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

PM FOR QUOTE
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »

Ben ..See my last image posted ,cars under resto ,I have just done all of that ,the front 1/4 window seals are Rares and went in well..inner door seal is Old Auto ..outer are Rares ..windlacing is Daleys ..they don't offer a metallic thread in the lacing like factory fit..Vern ..

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 05:40:37 PM »
+2

..No one wrangles FC's like Jim does

The man is a windshield whisperer. By some sort of magic voodoo sorcery, he takes an impossible task and makes it look easy. I have significant respect for his work.

Cheers,
Harv
GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 04:37:53 PM »

Ben ..See my last image posted ,cars under resto ,I have just done all of that ,the front 1/4 window seals are Rares and went in well..inner door seal is Old Auto ..outer are Rares ..windlacing is Daleys ..they don't offer a metallic thread in the lacing like factory fit..Vern ..

Thanks Vern I’ll check it out.

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

PM FOR QUOTE
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
+3

Finally have an update on the retooling of the special rubbers. New stock is expected in July, so I have marked it in my calendar to check in then and see how they go.

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2020, 07:54:09 AM »

G'day Jim,

A quick heads up that Rares has retooled the EK front windscreen rubber. They have some early production ones, which trial fit on their test body pretty well. They are sending one down to Sydney for us, with one of the FB/EK gentlemen volunteering to give it a trial run. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Harv
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2020, 05:12:38 PM »

Thanks mate, the last one I did was fairly tight

GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 04:25:50 PM »

G'day Jim,

A quick heads up that Rares has retooled the EK front windscreen rubber. They have some early production ones, which trial fit on their test body pretty well. They are sending one down to Sydney for us, with one of the FB/EK gentlemen volunteering to give it a trial run. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Harv

Did they get to trial fit this yet Harv and if so what was the verdict?

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

PM FOR QUOTE
GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2022, 12:48:34 PM »

G'day Jim,

Cheers,
Harv

Any update on this at all, I need to buy front screen rubber again as I gave mine to someone in a pinch a few months ago.

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

PM FOR QUOTE
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: