FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:37:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Last FC and Bonnet mascot  (Read 4536 times)
Ronno

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »

Was the last FC Holden built on the 13th of January 1960? I think that is what it said on a Wiky site (although some say what is said on there is not alway correct). My other question, is the large chrome bonnet emblem only a NASCO aftermarket item or were they also a GMH factory option and does it represent anything in particular eg a jet? Cheers Ronno
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »
+1

I could write pages on that topic!  "Official" FC production stopped well before the end of the year so that the lines could be converted to FB production so they would be ready in the dealerships at the start of 1960. However there are always defect cars which need to be rectified in some way or another, so they sit in the yard waiting till an opportunity opens for them to be fixed. This could very well have been early in 1960.

I have evidence of an FE with a higher chassis number than the earliest FC's making it an example of a defect car.

I think any claim to an exact date of the last finished FC off the line is tenuous at best.

Bonnet emblems are a factory option. NASCO was owned by GMH and all accessories that were factory options were distributed through NASCO.

Ken
camxsmith

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »

I could write pages on that topic!  "Official" FC production stopped well before the end of the year so that the lines could be converted to FB production so they would be ready in the dealerships at the start of 1960. However there are always defect cars which need to be rectified in some way or another, so they sit in the yard waiting till an opportunity opens for them to be fixed. This could very well have been early in 1960.

I have evidence of an FE with a higher chassis number than the earliest FC's making it an example of a defect car.

I think any claim to an exact date of the last finished FC off the line is tenuous at best.

Bonnet emblems are a factory option. NASCO was owned by GMH and all accessories that were factory options were distributed through NASCO.

Ken

Ken you are such a wealth of knowledge, and are extremely valuable ..   Where did you get you start learning and getting your information from..Huh
Salamanca

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »

I think the answer to this question is that you really have to be interesting in this for a long time. There's no single resource to teach you this stuff.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »

I have a question for you Ken  . Obviously not as Holden accessories were made by Nasco but what sparked my interest was that I used a set of round mirrors on my Caleche and I had one left over so I gave it to a mate to put on his LC  XU1 as he never had a mirror ,but the screw hole and the locating hole were in his drivers door . What I found most interesting was that my 2 mirrors had the Nasco logo on them but the third one had the Holden part number and the Nasco Logo . 
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:30 PM »

I’ve seen the mirror you had with the Nasco logo and the part number. It has a raised round section on the back around where the ball joint is and dates from about the HK HT HG era I think. Earlier mirrors had the same back but did not have the part number on them, but are otherwise identical and date from about EJ up to HR. Earlier Nasco mirrors from the FE to EK era did not have the raised round section but still have the Nasco embossed into the mirror back.
The mirrors with the part number are very unusual because it is extremely rare to find a part on the car where the part number is exposed. Even on accessories.
Ken
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 11:32:01 PM »
+1

My FE Ute has a fender mirror with Nasco and the part number 7384468

Parts book has two listings for the same part number one for fe/Fc utes and vans  and one for accessories

The part number one would be for WA & Vic and the accessories one would be for the other states/territories

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: