FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Auction Resuls  (Read 7147 times)
fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2019, 06:48:46 PM »

Any chance of a revue of the auction night results for those of us that could not attend .cheers  Steve  Smiley

Sale Victioria
ipg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »

what were you interested in Steve?
fcee
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »

Hi ,nothing in particular ,just a general report on how it went ,did stuff sell ,good prices ,big crowd ? cheers Steve . Smiley

Sale Victioria
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 07:40:32 AM »

About 6 items didn't sell, a couple were negotiated after the auction, so generally a very good clearance rate. I thought their were quite a lot of bargains this year which is good for buyers but not that great for sellers. Buyer numbers were down a bit, maybe because of weather. Who knows whether it will be on again next year.  Sellers won't bring goods to the event if they don't think they will get a reasonable result.
The club return is also down if the all-up sales value is low, making it not worth the considerable effort that goes into running it.

That's my take on this year's event.

Ken
fcee
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »

Thanks Ken ,seems like more and more sellers would rather use the internet . cheers  Steve .

Sale Victioria
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 07:14:48 PM »

Yes, it's a shame because a live auction is very entertaining when the buyers are keen and a great item is up for sale.

Ken
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 08:14:30 AM »

car parts seem to have the stigma that you want to get it at best price ,even haggle if you can ,auction works the other way , You have to have the combination of the right items in front of the right buyers on the day ,how do you make that happen 100% ,NOT easy ,and applies not only to car parts , BUT a completed car ,seems to me auction is the way to go ,and buyers pay a handsome buyers premium for the privilidge to spend their money and then often a pretty sum on freight..You do a great job Ken ,next year will be a winner ..cheers Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: