FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:47:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE (vacuum) fuel pump diaphragm replacement kit  (Read 2580 times)
JohnBM
wa-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2019, 04:51:58 PM »

I’ve noticed in the kit available that the diaphragm is of one thickness(layer) only as opposed to the original AC type which was comprised of multi layers  , any thoughts on this ? I’m having doubts that it will work , or as effectively as the original, made   You know where . Cheers John .
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »

John,

I've used these single-layer diaphragms without any trouble.  But I would only suggest replacing yours if there's a hole in the diaphragm, or if the link is broken.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
JohnBM
wa-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »

Thanks Rob; I have a second fuel pump as a spare ( you know me ) the trouble with me is I like to know that the spare will work when needed , but your right , I’ll let sleeping dogs lie and carry the kit with me . Wangaratta next run to come , cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: