FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:27:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC HOLDEN MODIFIED UTE  (Read 11851 times)
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2019, 04:06:33 PM »

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 04:09:32 PM »

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 05:08:46 PM »

I have decided to re-offer my FC HOLDEN Modified Ute to the Market. Having been retired now for 20 years, I feel that "FATHER TIME" is probably "calling the shots" & the vehicle needs to go to a new hone, with an owner who recognises the thought & effort that has gone into the Design & Build of this Ute.  MY59FC was built for the 2003 FE,FC HOLDEN NATIONALS, where it was awarded Grand Champion Modified, Top Custom Paint & other minor awards.  It was awarded TOP 10 & TOP Custom paint @ the  Queensland HOT ROD & STREET MACHINE SPECTACULAR, [out of some 350+ vehicles].  The Ute has been featured in STREET MACHINE Magazine under the title "BUILT WITH TILT".
    The build took 17 months to complete with the assistance of a Panel Beater & Spray Painter, I employed over that period.  The Concept was to incorporate a VS Commodore into an FC Utility with HSV & Hot rod themes. It is painted in Candy Apple Blue & HSV Dark Blue Metallic. It carries a full NSW Engineer's Certificate & is Registered until Jan. 2020 & has only travelled 6500 km since 2003.
     Features include. #  VS Ecotec V6 [Supercharged], #  VS interior in leather trim, # VS Centre Console, #  Automatic Trans,#  4 wheel Discs, #  Power Brakes, #  Aluminium Drop Fuel Tank with HQ filler behind No Plate., #  Air Conditioning, #  Steel Flip Front using the original panels, #  Rear lid is moulded fibreglass with vinyl trim, #  Rear tray carries Sound Deck with twin Amps & Explod Speakers. #  New H/D Battery. #  Billet wheels & Accessories. # Rear view mirror with Temp gauge & Compass #  Digital Gauges. #  HSV Emblems to rear 1/4 shields & Grille Emblem.   Recent updates include. #  Sunvisor, #  LHS & RHS Weathershields, #  Bonnet Emblem, #  Door mounted rear view mirrors,  [providing excellent vision], # fresh air intake to Cab,# Twin H/Performance Thermo fans , with manual override switch. # New H/D Battery & full Service.
   The build price is known only to me & dies with me!!  I am seeking offers over $60K. Contact by sending me a pm via this Forum. If all else fails, the Ute goes to Auction . This is a genuine sale, I am not "fishing" for interest. Genuine Collectors only PLEASE!!!    Thanks Kevin.

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 07:16:24 PM »

What I neglected to add, was that I will meet & return interstate interested buyers To either  Gold Coast or Ballina Airport.  Kevin.

59wagon

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 04:19:32 PM »

That's a heavy duty modified car Kevin.  It's hard to appreciate the amount of thinking and work that goes into such a project.  All the best with the sale.

Cheers,

John
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »

Thanks John. Its very much a "wait & see" kind of thing. Maybe there's someone out there attending the Wangaratta Nats that  just might to turn up in this machine. It will be great company for 2 of my other Restos that have moved to new owners & will be there!  Kevin.

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

Hi Kevin  .With that car goes a piece of you ,I am sure it will end up in the right hands and be appreciated and loved ..cheers Vern .

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 06:58:16 PM »

Hi Vern. That's the plan Wink Kevin.

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 05:49:06 PM »

Informing members that this ute will soon be removed from the Forum. It remains for sale until Jan '20 when full rego expires. I will then place it on Club registration & park it back in the Museum. Thanks to those who have watched the interest in this vehicle. Regards Kevin.

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 09:42:06 AM »

This vehicle has now been removed from the Forum. I intend to offer it to the wider Community @ a more appropriate time. Difficult to comprehend the turmoil created as a result of these devastating circumstances. Kevin.

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »

Kevin ..there is a buyer out there , its just a matter of time till buyer and sellers paths cross ..Vern

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 08:56:56 AM »
+1

Vern. I have just visited "Google Earth" to see where these paths might cross.  I climbed Acacia Ridge, then looked down the river@ Fisherman's Bend & then, in the distance, I saw her......  Elizabeth!!!  I attempted to call her on
  [2104] 153624, however, there was no answer..... must have gone somewhere!   I WILL find a good home for this Ute.... it is going to take a bit longer than the time it took to relocate my "stockies".  As I said earlier, not a good climate to be selling high end Show Cars.  Keep sending Positive Vibes.   Kevin

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 09:07:11 PM »
+1

I took the Modified Ute out for the annual Rego check today. Sunny day, no traffic, Stereo on Chuck Berry. What a blast.  I had forgotten just how much these cars are genuinely admired. Parked in Lismore main Street while we had a coffee.... People around it.." I used to have one of these, this was our first car.".etc,etc.........All the old stories kept coming.    Battery now fully charged, new oil, good "scrub down" & its been put back to bed again.  Kevin.

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2020, 07:16:00 AM »

Hey Kevin ..keep the dream alive ,it is amazing how the cars attract people , one trip to Bathurst a guy pulled up with a really old but complete thresher on a trailer in the  parking bays they have in centre of road ,easy stop ,park ,then just drive on ,only few old codgers took a bit of a look , then a pink Cadillac parked in space next to it ,he gets around a bit ,I think he does weddings ,but in no time a crowd gathered ,no one saying " we had one of these " ,No one saying " I got my license in one of these ", just a kind of inquiring admiration ,I don't know Kev ,often think about this ,we do this and have these cars because of what ? ..family history ,nostalgia ,because you can and its what you know ,I have a mate who restores old lawn mowers ,esp reel type ,it doesn't interest me a bit ,i don't really like mowing grass to then look at it with admiration and say that's a lawn ,but I love to drive ,listen to the exhaust note etc ,  ,that's probably why ..keep well mate Vern .

msjc

I love FC utes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 05:16:17 PM »

Hi Kevin, Have you still got the ute if so is it still for sale ??
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »

pm sent. Kevin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)