FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heater Hoses  (Read 2066 times)
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »

I have an original heater in my FE. Two pipes come through the firewall from the heater...one higher up than the other and they connect via hoses to the water pump and to the thermostat housing. Can anyone advise which hose connects to the pump and which one goes to thermostat?
Cheers, Ken  Huh
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »

G'day Ken,

It really doesn't matter which way you plumb them - the heater will not know the difference.

For what it's worth though, both the Smiths heater instructions for FB Holden and the NASCO instructions for the 7414672 Fresh Air Heating Demisting  and Ventilating Equipment package for FB Holden show the lower hose going to the cylinder head. This is most likely because the packages they sold had a short hose, and a long hose (which made it more important to route them correctly).

Cheers,
Harv
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »

Thanks Harv. Couldn't see that it would make a difference but thought it best to check.
Cheers, Ken
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 04:15:59 PM »

My old FC had a irrigation type tap screwed into the cylinder head and returned via the water pump ,interestingly the smiths heater was the exact unit set out in the fitting instructions within my "L" Model Vauxhall [1948-1951]Workshop Manual with stencil's and all . I removed the Smiths fan motor[got a little slow] and replaced it with a 3 speed fan motor from a HZ Holden .Now that would dry my eyes out when it was on full speed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: