FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:55:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My new FC....  (Read 18607 times)
FireKraka

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »

Hey mate I'm a bit confused (not that is anything new  Grin) you said you picked it up in Melbourene and drove it home I assume to Ballarat if I remember correctly and you were reading the WA Engineering report but you got the car from Townsville  Huh I those imortal words "PLEASE EXPLAIN"  Grin

Yes our engineering is pretty strict and detailed but I suppose that can be a good thing.

What is the engine and gearbox mate I use the older engine and TH700 so no electronics in the gearbox and the engine looks a little more old school even though it is not overly big on horse power it still makes my sedan get up and move especially when you do this to them.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
I;m trying to find a chrome alternator replacement if anybody can provide some intel
Neil
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 05:44:28 PM »

G'day Neil,

The car was built in WA by a fella in Bunbury and was engineered and registered there in 2011. How it got to Townsville I have no idea. Fred advertised the car on ebay but at the time I couldn't afford it. Long story short, I got made redundant at work used a bit of my payout to buy the car (with the wife's approval of course). I knew the bloke in Townsville that had the car so I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to Melbourne and I drove it back from there to Ballarat.

The motor is a stock Ecotech V6 with a 4L60E auto and shortened VS diff. VS rack and pinion steering to a beefed up HR front end with HQ stubs.

I wont win any prizes for best engine bay, but for now it will do. Car goes very well, handles very well and apart from a few things needed for rwc and rego here, little money to spend Smiley

Cheers, Graeme
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 08:47:35 AM »

Hey mate thanks for explaining sounds like you have picked up a good car and nothing wrong with that engine bay I'm sure over time you will give things a tidy up as you go.
Looks like I may put my sedan up for sale soon also as I'm just finishing my ek Ute and have a station wagon to do next and just not enough room to keep them all.
Good luck with it an would love to see more photos mate when you get a chance.
Regards
Neil.
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2019, 09:44:10 AM »

Hi Graeme   Hows the ride going...  Not seeing many pics of the updates/upgrades on the new girl... Huh   Grin Grin
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 04:39:53 PM »

Not much happening at the moment, spent most of my time getting the house ready for sale. Luckily it sold on the first day of internet advertising so now I can get back into the car....

I got the air con to fit properly up under the dash. Turns out it is a complete Vintage Air Gen II Compac system, compressor, dryer, everything.

Don't happen to know a panel beater who would do the clean up on the doors, etc do you?
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 08:02:33 PM »

Sorry Graeme I don’t know any panel beaters.  great news on the house..  not surprise it sold fast mate great location and looked super neat...  I’m just keen to go cruising with ya.  Bloody house getting in the road of the Fc..   Grin Grin.
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 04:29:32 PM »

G'day all,

Has anyone used these door cards - mine are stuffed and looking for replacements....

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-FC-Sedan-Wagon-Door-Cards-Trim-Panels-Supports-Special-Chrome-Strip/254025128833?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Cheers, Graeme
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »

Hi Graeme I purchased some a couple of years ago for my sedan not sure if it was from these guys.
The ones I got seem a little thick especially on the front doors where there is that slight curve top to bottom I had trouble getting it to stay popped in on the clips.
You could contact Stinky I believe that he supplies and see what he says, that ad does say they will supply 2.5mm thick if you want.
Neil
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:37 PM »

On the road at last  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:05 PM »

Looks a million Graeme. Mad wheels! Any pics from inside?

Dave
0417 270 315
freddyc
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2019, 09:15:50 AM »

looks great Graham, can you post the hub caps back.
fred

Townsville North Queensland
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »

Thanks Fred, nah, hubcaps have been donated to the local bad taste museum  Smiley Smiley Smiley

DJ, the interior is still a bit ratty and will post pics when I clean it up a bit more....
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »

Good on you Graeme. It's good to see you back in an FC.

Dave
0417 270 315
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »

Ok ,I have been out of touch for awhile , but I am just wondering what you guys use for a power steer rack , after the V6 conversion . I am very familiar with the shortened commodore racks . Do you shorten the commodore power steer racks ? Or do you use something else . Is there a power steer front mounted rack suitable ?  I just have OCD when it comes to early Holden modifications that's all . I would appreciate any new ideas . Thanks . Haydn .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: