FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
December 03, 2021, 08:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Art's FC Sedan Build 2.0  (Read 27295 times)
Longman
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Model: FC
Posts: 309


View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
0

For those who didn't see the pics on Facebook. I had a big weekend. The car is off the rotisserie after 3 years. All hanging panels were attached to start gapping and filling. The last rust repairs were made to the passenger guard. Rare Spares aren't kidding when they say the patch panel is a restoration aid, a lot of work was required to get the headlight peak patch to come even close. The chassis kit was painted and installed. All new high tensile bolts were used and 16mm x 1.2mm round tubing was used as crush tubes for all bolts. The diff was installed on ute leaf springs. I plan to have them reset lower once panels are done. The front end was bolted in, hopefully for the last time, though the springs may need to be replaced if it doesn't settle, it's way too high, even with the motor in it.  The motor was also installed. Next up will be the gearbox to allow the column shifter cable to be sorted out, and hopefully get it running. I'm very happy with the fit of all panels, there has been no warping or twisting of the shell despite most of it being replaced. Exciting times ahead.


















Logged
Errol62
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 980


View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »
0

Looking good Art. You have come a long way.

With the rear springs mate, I reset my own using a cheap 12 tonne press I bought myself for Christmas. Bit of trial and error but turned out perfect. Have a look on YouTube if you're keen.

The press has turned out to be indispensable by the way.

Cheers
Clay

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Logged
Longman
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Model: FC
Posts: 309


View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2021, 06:54:06 PM »
0

and so the fun begins! I had forgotten that I helped NES, years ago, pull this loom out of a VT wagon and we labelled just about everything. I was happy to find that all the labels were intact and still readable.  Now to stuff it all in there.





Logged
JB
Moderator
Guru
*****
Offline Offline

Model: FE
Posts: 1914



Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »
0

Don’t be scared to cut, shorten or lengthen them… one at a time. Lol
I joined 2 together on the Ute.
Logged

Phone +64 223509263
Longman
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Model: FC
Posts: 309


View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2021, 10:35:02 AM »
0

Don’t be scared to cut, shorten or lengthen them… one at a time. Lol
I joined 2 together on the Ute.

Yeah mate, I have a second loom handy jus in case.
Logged
Longman
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Model: FC
Posts: 309


View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2021, 10:26:09 AM »
0

It's been a while since I updated, but I have been chipping away. Since my last post, I have completed the following:

Brake calipers have been stripped, sandblasted, painted and reassembled with new kits through them.





The VS commodore fuel tank has been cleaned out, stripped and painted. The inside was mint and did not need to be recoated, but I did install a new fuel pump.  The tank has been installed in the car so that I can run fuel lines and install vapour purge stuff, then I'll sort out the filler neck position.








Logged
Longman
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Model: FC
Posts: 309


View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2021, 10:32:24 AM »
+1

The B pillar door separator channel was all sorts of bent, so rather than spend heaps of time trying to get it straight and get two good gaps, it was decided to remove it and extend the front doors. The result is a perfect 4mm gap and a cleaner look. The bottoms of both doors were squared off and surprisingly, no modification was needed to the pillar bottom to accommodate the extra metal on the rear door bottom.











Logged
Longman
Senior Member
****
Offline Offline

Model: FC
Posts: 309


View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2021, 10:43:32 AM »
+1

I got given a nice set of Narva H4 headlights and a set of EH buckets. I sandblasted the buckets and reflectors and painted them.  I smashed up an old set of VT headlights and grabbed the looms out of them, then cut the EH buckets and fitted the looms.  Since I'm using a full VT loom, they will plug straight in.  I spent 5 mins with some 0000 steel wool to bring the retaining rings up like new.

New Narva lights:


Crusty EH bucket setup:


Painted and loom plug cutouts done:


Reflectors painted in chrome paint:


5 mins with steel wool shows the difference:


Finished buckets showing wiring looms/plugs:


done. Ready to bolt into the car:





Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.