FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New project  (Read 3554 times)
Corey05

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2019, 08:01:33 PM »

Hi everyone new member have a fc wagon that is a project in waiting. I have started my research and have the option of two types of car  for possible  conversion parts a Subaru liberty wagon all wheel drive with 2.0 Boxster engine with turbo or a vs v8 Ute. There will be people with jaws wide open but a challenge is what I need. Fc (photos coming)has great bones and is majority rust free. Can anyone recommend a engineer in Brisbane. Cheers Corey
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »

Well the VS V8 is pretty straight forward and been done a few times, but the Subaru conversion hasn't been attempted to my knowledge. That would be interesting to see.
You're right, an engineer is important right at the start - which I unfortunately can't help with since I'm in Victoria.
Best of luck with the project anyway
Ken
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »

Welcome Corey, good luck with the project and we want to see plenty of photos mate.

I like that you are thinking outside the box with the Subaru when you are going down a path that has not been done before then as Ken said better to get an engineer involved from the start you don't want to get half way through and then find out it is not doable.

Regards
Neil
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 08:05:15 PM »

Welcome Corey,

Think about the Subaru H6 boxer engine too mate -  they go hard and sound silky smooth. 6 speed manual too  Cool

Years ago in Street Machine I read about a 4 cylinder conversion from a Datsun 200B into an FC; I think the theory was they had similar HP outputs but the Datto engine was more economical; sadly something that we need to consider these days.

You'll get heaps of input from members on here who have done the 304 V8 thing (NES, Craig, Pete to name a few).

There's some quirky stuff too; a 2J project on here which looks awesome, and Ben (GrandmasterB on here) is doing a 1UZ V8 which will be great (if I were to do it again I'd follow a similar path). Pete on here (who has a 304 FC ute) is also doing an RB26DETT Nissan GTR powered FC Holden which is smooth as silk.

Josh
Corey05

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 08:15:21 PM »

Thanks guys sometimes a different view doesn’t make me think lm crazy. I have a Subaru wagon with the engine etc l have owned for 10 years so l know it’s history. Looking to make a rotisserie for the fc. Anyone can help would be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: