FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cam Followers  (Read 2764 times)
Fraze

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »

WTB rather urgent now, need a set of usable cam followers to complete my engine rebuild. Thanks to FC Wrangler who tried to help out, pity that didn't work out, so - 12 cam followers required please!
Also require a speedo drive (screws into side of gearbox) ex an FJ, 22 tooth,
Hope someone out there can help. Thanks, Fraze
59wagon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:26:33 PM »

Hi Fraze, have you asked these guys if they can help?  The video shows they've done grey motor tappets before.  I know you said yours are too pitted, but you never know. They might even have some good one's lying around or know a source.

https://www.facebook.com/384987948195359/videos/1302094266484718/

Cheers,

John
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »

Hi John (59wagon) tried Camtech as you suggested but they couldn’t help. Thanks for trying. Looks like i’m In trouble, not getting swamped with replies. Cheers, Fraze
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 03:40:02 PM »

G'day Fraze,

I suspect that I have a spare set of lifters. I pulled an engine down some years ago to scavenge the crank, after I tore the thrust bearings out of the FB (at highway speed, a long way from home... don't ask  Sad). From what I remember, the lifters were OK, and I put them into a box in the spare parts department.

I don't particularly want to get rid of them, as they are my emergency spares and I have a number of projects that may need them. It looks like you are in trouble though, so I'll see if I can hunt them down. If I can find them, they are yours. I won't get a chance to look for them until this weekend. It looks like Number 1 Son has blown the engine in his VL Commodore, so it is going to be a busy weekend.

Please PM me a name and address, and if I can find them I will get them into the post for you Monday.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 06:27:56 AM »

Found them. They are late FB, so will suit your pushrods. Will post Monday and let you know the tracking number.

Cheers,
Harv
Fraze

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 06:34:43 AM »

That’s fantastic thanks Harv. Cheers, Fraze
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 06:20:26 AM »

Found a Post Office open on Saturday. Lifters are on their way to you - tracking number R234640016619332.

Cheers,
Harv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: