FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "NASCO"  (Read 8858 times)
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2003, 10:05:54 PM »

Heres a poster showing most of the NASCO accessories available for FC.
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 10:56:42 PM »

WOW!

You hit a homerun with that one.
Tell us more about it. Where did you get it etc?
Regards
Alex

ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 12:09:32 AM »

I bought the poster about 10 years ago from Bendigo Swap. Its about 3ft high x 2.5ft wide and its the only one i have ever seen.
Regards ACE Wink
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 10:43:43 PM »

This "NASCO ACCESSORY" poster shows a FC with a CHROME NUMBER PLATE SURROUND attached to the front bumper bar. Smiley
Regards ACE Cool
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 11:36:17 PM by ACE » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 12:00:55 AM »

Ace,

I can't blow it up clearly and big enough to see, but am happy to take your word for it.

Be that as it may though, it doesn't list the over-rider in the legend on the side, only the number plate frame, which is a different accessory:

The part number 7410076 or 7409228, known as a "GUARD ASSEMBLY - Front License Plate" does not appear in the NASCO Accessories Catalogue [Brochure 93-ACCES-58], so I'm still unconvinced.

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 12:02:43 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 08:15:27 AM »

RET,
Would you like me to email a close up pic of the "NASCO ACCESSORIES" poster showing the FC with the licence plate guard fitted? Wink
Regards ACE Cool
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 07:45:01 PM »

Ace,

Here's an idea for you.

I have a body shell with an ID plate that matches those colours exactly, 58 scheme, terracotta base, abode beige over, with a black and turkish ivory interior.

You can buy it from me, build the car up with all the accessories, and I'll even throw in a genuine front centre bumper bar section with holes for a number plate bracket......

Then you can go to shows with the car AND the poster!

Nationals are around the corner.......  Grin

Regards

Edward
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 08:54:13 PM »

RET,
Would you like me to email a close up pic of the "NASCO ACCESSORIES" poster showing the FC with the licence plate guard fitted? Wink
Regards ACE Cool

What I'd like you to do is roll it up and post it to me.  Thanks.

Seems to me this debate is becoming a bit semantic.  The question originally posted was "Did the FC front bumper come with a number plate surround?"  No it didn't.  I know that some dealers may have promoted it as an accessory, for that matter  I've got a W.T. Coggins accessory list that includes it.  Dealers did all sorts of things.  I was not convinced that it was promoted as such by GM-H and/or Nasco, but am happy to be put right.

I think it's more likely that it was a common accessory for FE standard and business sedans, since they had the empty holes in the bumper and they do look a bit unfinished as a consequence.  It may have been carried over to the FC, but I don't think it was strongly promoted nor was it all that common.

As I said before though, always happy to learn.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 10:57:50 PM »

ret,
You wrote "If they were sold as accessories then thats news to me"
Then ret wrote
"I've got a W.T. Coggins accessory list that includes it.  Dealers did all sorts of things".
So they were sold as accessories for FCs as i said! Grin
ACE Cool

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 11:45:05 PM »

Ace,

You are as correct as you are pedantic.  I said both those things.  Please read "If they were sold as accessories then that's news to me" to mean "If GM-H/Nasco sold them as official FC accessories then that's news to me".  I cannot recall ever having seen the license plate guard listed in any GM-H/Nasco FC literature.  So in that sense, I guess your poster is "news to me". Roll Eyes

This was supposed to be a simple question, wasn't it? :-/

cheers
RET

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 07:19:55 AM »

If I'm not mistaken the poster says "NUMBER PLATE FRAME" which is the piece of metal which attaches to the number plate - not the FE guard.
I'm with RET - I don't think NASCO ever offered the guard as an accessory.  Some dealers did - this is not the point in question as far as I can see.

Ken
nigelb42

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 08:10:39 AM »

Sheesh!!!

I think I will leave it as it is.........Thanks to all who answered my original question on the other post and this one.  Nice poster ACE.  Grin

Nige
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 11:58:02 PM »

That poster is a stunner a real fantastic piece of nasco history and even better with the lovely fully dressed FC as the star attraction thanks for sharing it .
Brett

Brett Gillard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: