FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:46:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Power Plus Engine Enamel  (Read 3633 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »

Getting ready to paint the rebuilt engine, I have four cans of Power Plus Grey, two are light grey and the others are darker grey all four have the same part number. My question is which is correct? so ICAN get as close as possible to the correct colour.
Thanks in advance,
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:11:56 AM »

Jim ..The correct Grey Holden engine colour is not clear ..There is info on this forum ,also comment on the various tones , and on display days one can see several variations on completed cars ..When cleaning my block there were three old coats all different ,same with the "Stoneleigh" Grey for Ferguson tractors ,go to open days and you will see multiple shades ,all swearing blind they used the " official " Fergy colour...I used the heat proof Dupli Color Holden Grey...Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »

Turns out the caps are different shades but the paint is the same. Did the whole engine and bolt-ons with two and a half cans, happy with the results.
Jim

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:10:44 AM »

Jim .Did you rebuild your engine ?

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:53:58 AM »

Yes mate, I was given an untouched EJ motor by a customer of mine. It had broken rings and no.2 bearing had turned, block has been bored plus 60(already had new pistons) and the crank 10. The head has 186 red valves and hardened seats and a mild cam, as I have triple strommies and headers. Just started cleaning the gearbox which was a bit sluggy, so might see about a rebuild kit.
Jim

my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:14:10 PM »

Hi Jim ..The engine in mine is a EK block ,very smokey , A friend of mine when learning I picked up a FC to restore ,he rang me and said I have a few Holden parts for you come and get em ,( sadly he has not been in best of health )..There was a '58 engine with L series number ..he said that was a good motor till I pranged the car  ..so I pulled it down ,it has been bored 3.1/16'' plus .030 ..std mains and big ends ..all miked up within tolerances and plasti gauge. new piston rings ,new gaskets ,new brass welch plugs ,full head service ,weight balance of rods and pistons,honed the bore ,runs nicely on test rig , 135psi in each cylinder .so head has been machined...gear box seems ok .whilst I could drive a bit on our acres..but I will pull it down and put a kit in it ..don't know about the clutch ,where would you buy a clutch kit ? ..Vern

Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »

Vern, you can pick up one at any car parts store. They can order it in , Rare spares and even on Ebay.!!
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: