FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:16:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Supra 5 speed  (Read 4851 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: November 03, 2018, 06:38:19 PM »

Just curious if anyone has fitted a Red 6/Supra 5 speed combo and kept the bench seat?

hughes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »

Stinky my FC ute has that very combo, it used to have Camry bucket seats when I used to own it. Have now bought it back with unmodified bench seat fitted. Pretty sure they welded in a HQ trans hump so as not to notch the seat? Can take pics on phone and send if you like. Cheers Richo
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »

Thanks Richo, photos would be appreciated.

ehsv6

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/loats/technical/ma61/gearboxes.html

Good info on the boxes, note paragraph on shifter positions which will help fitting bench seat.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »

Many ,many years ago I put a 138 red motor in a EK auto . I put an EH crossmember in it and a UC Starfire 4 speed with a LC LJ Torana tail shaft . Well the starfire boxes had their problems ,so I modified quite a few ,by alloy welding the selector box further forward on the tube and cutting and drilling the selector shaft I could move the gearstick forward in front of the bench seat . As most of you guys know these 4 and 5 speeds rear mounts are awkward without welding rails either side of your hump . The full circular bellhousing allowed me to retain the side mounts and make a strange shaped rear mount , so all in all I was running 5 mounts for motor and box .Oh and if you don't want to modify for a cable clutch you can repivot the early clutch fork on an adaptor plate bolted to the front gearbox bearing housing and keep your original fluid clutch . Just putting it out there ,mostly because on this forum we have so many people with so much talent . Probably because we had limited resources and options when we were younger ,and we learned to make do with what we had . Just keep in mind ,these Korean front wheelers have a selector up to a metre away from the gearbox so it shouldn't really be a issue to adapt something.   
hughes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 07:11:26 PM »

Flick me a text Stinky, will send pics this week. Ute is an hour away getting radiator looked at, but will be picking up in the next few days, Richo 0467 495 395
hughes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 08:00:28 PM »

I spoke to Stinky today but remembered my 5 speed is Celica not Supra! So hoping someone else may help him out. I sent him some pics of my EH ute which had 179 and supra box with uncut bench and my Fc has uncut bench and 192, and hope to send pics tomorrow of Fc as is now ready to be picked up. Maybe someone may know if Supra is longer or shorter than Celica box? Cheers Richo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: