FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: C pillar stainless trim  (Read 4070 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:04:45 AM »

Hi gents ..My FC Special sedan ..The short stainless trim at base of C pillar ,dividing the roof colour from the guard colour , how were they originally fitted in the factory ,and if no longer available, if an accepted modern day fitting is used what is it ? ..On removing mine they were siliconed on ,
thx Vern

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »

Hi Vern;
I can't answer the question for you as I have always wondered that myself,
Even though my sedan does not have a different roof colour the dividers are on my car so I must have had different roof colour to body originally.
One of mine came off a long time ago and it was stuck on also.

Neil
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »

7413278, shown from the back. Two of these clips are screwed to the pillar. The stripe sits on the top and is then pushed on at the bottom

Ken
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 06:45:45 AM »

Thanks Ken ..Are those 7413278 clips still available , I will need all the other stainless trim clips , so ill add them to shopping list ...Also whose windscreen front and rear rubbers are the best ,for Special sedan ...
cheers Vern

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 09:45:38 PM »

No not available, the last time I did one of these I used a plastic clip and trimmed it down to suit.
Ken
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »

Thanks Ken  .
I wont go looking ,saves me the trouble ,can certainly make some from plastic ,or nylon , think I have some Volvo ones that will suit .
Vern

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 04:18:52 PM »

Even though my sedan does not have a different roof colour the dividers are on my car so I must have had different roof colour to body originally.
Neil

All the later FC Special Sedans have the "C" pillar stainless or diecast divider regardless of whether they were painted two tone or not. Same goes for the divider strip under the tail-lights. It seems the fitting holes were part of the original body stamping process.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
my8thholden
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 08:24:35 PM »

Gents ..
The stainless trims on C pillar on my car as I said were silicone on ,I have now removed the silicone and the paint back to bare metal ,and revealed there are two holes along the fitment line ,where obviously the original style clips ( no longer available ) Ken mentioned above would have fitted ..The Volvo ones I have are not suitable ,so I will make out of Chrysler ones I have which wont take much modifying and use same holes..The thin verticle trims under the tails lights ,I am sure have never been off the car ,and I straightened out the little tangs with much intrepidation ,removed and still intact ,hope they go back on as well..cheers Vern
By the way ..does any one know a wheel wright who makes wooden artillery style wheels as found on early 1900's trucks ..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: