FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wiring loom  (Read 17188 times)
Longman

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 06:20:35 PM »

The V6 Conversions  engine bay loom is a simplified loom that does the basics and connects to a standard interior loom. They sell emulators to replace the pcm if im not mistaken. If you've ripped the full loom out of a donor you csn use the pcm/bcm setup easily. Hopefully you spent a good amount of time labelling everything! Good luck. Don't forget to connect all those little earth wires you find everywhere (thanks to nes304 for the lessons).
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »

Mate exactly what longman said maybe I didn't explain myself properly, sorry about that. It is not that you need more loom but actually less than the original because your FC does not need all of the extra bits of wiring that comes with a standard commodore loom.
By all means use your existing loom and save some money.
Regards
Neil H
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »

G;day to all.wiring all sorted.thanks nes-304 for vats sorted.Can someone tell me what size hole do i need to drill in the passenger side fire wall to fit the commodore wiring threw.I forgot to check the one on the vr.Thanks Gary. 
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »

I think I used 64mm but that was for VT.  Grab some cheap verniers and measure your wires diam

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »

Hey Gary;
I have the VP loom on my bench for my fb/ek ute I will measure the plug tonight when I get home and let you know tomorrow.

Regards
Neil H
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 02:30:07 PM »

G;day all.Thanks NES and Neal once i know the right size i will buy the hole saw and drill the hole Grin cheers Gary.
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »

Hi all i have put the v6 conversion wiring loom in my car the trouble is the car wont turn over there is power to starter motor and alternator power to fuse box but no power to dash the v6 loom comes in two parts which are under bonnet and under dash loom i have power to under bonnet but no power to under dash anyone had this problem using v6 conversion loom  Angry Angry thanks Gary.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 07:32:34 AM »

I have a VN in one L model Vauxhall and a VP in the other and just did a VX in a HJ ute . I am struggling with how much wrong information is out there . Haydn
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: