FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:45:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Very long shot - Repco head  (Read 3284 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:04:57 PM »

This is perhaps one of the ultimate long shots, but I can only try. I would like to lay my hands on a genuine Repco HighPower head to suit a grey motor.

I had agreed to purchase one two years back (and was happy with the agreed price), but the seller did not carry through the deal. I have been patient on the deal, though sadly it looks like the head has subsequently been stolen. I have no reason to doubt the seller, nor any wish to provide any more detail - he is a decent gentleman, and I wish to respect his privacy. Suffice to say that after a few years of trying, I can now draw a line under the deal and recognise it is not going to happen  Sad.

I had another lead on some parts, though sadly the info got to me a few days late and the seller had passed on the bits.

I know that the heads are being reproduced, but for now have my heart set on a genuine one. I figure I'll try that for another few years, and if it all comes to nothing I'll pursue a reproduction.

My intent is to use the head as part of my meth monster project. The head will see real service, not be turned into a museum relic.

I recognise that the heads are rare, and worth a pretty penny. I have a number of bits of grey motor go-fast gear that I would be willing to lay into the deal as part payment - Myers, Norman, CSC, SU etc.

Appreciate any leads.

Cheers,
Harv
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 03:58:39 PM »

I also have been chasing one harv on a property out west the owner seemed genuine just waiting for him to come back to me.

weather its complete or not is a mystery.

ipg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/14828
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »

I bought that engine couple of years ago now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: