FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Crumpsnr FC Standard Sedan  (Read 45429 times)
Crumpsnr

Model: FC

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 09:49:25 PM »

Great news!
PM sent.
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 02:19:31 AM »

And yet another year between posts. Have spent more time on the trucks than the FC. I'll be replacing the FC firewall and front cowl soon. The current firewall is well outa shape. Have had no end of trouble matching the subframe back to the car. Soon I'll start to fit up up a replacement inner LHS sill section. Once that job starts I'll put up pics. Have also been collecting little bits and pieces to help finish it off. Pretty well sorted for parts now. Soon I'll start to sell off some of my spares too, to make space. These days with the interweb it's easier to track down parts than it used to be, so I don't think I have to stock up on bits for use in an accident I might not have in a car that's not on the road yet! Will try not to leave it another year before having something to show. It feels like I haven't been a forum member long, but I'm now starting to see cars finished that were started whilst i was a member. Gotta put the pedal down and get some action on mine! Gotta say, the quality of work I see on other cars on this forum is nothing short of amazing., There are some talented people out there. Regards, Martyn
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 10:53:50 PM »

Thought I'd put up a shot of the FC at the moment with the little Fargo as well. Still playing around with the subframe.

Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »

Brought this back from out West the other weekend.
It's a long way beyond saving but has a few bits I can use for mine, including a good left hand inner sill.
Got away with it by telling the boss at home that I bought a share in yet another car, and I bought a pub on impulse. Then said "Nah, I just bought the car".  Cheesy

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »

I can understand the seller letting it go. They don't need cars to get around town.

Dave
0417 270 315
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »

Does it have any ID plate and chassis number details you can pass on?  Grin

Ken
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2015, 06:23:16 PM »

Hi Ken,

I think FCDave might have passed them on to you already. I'll check and let you know.
Regards, Martyn
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »

Not yet Ken. Non survivor, had fertilizer or something in the boot. In the process of dismantling as my landlord only has a small amount of patience for "junk". He has no concept of the term rusty gold. Engine number wont match as it is an early FE block.

FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2015, 07:40:27 PM »

Bit of fun getting it on the trailer. One hub missing, so we had to skid it up on the bootlid & 3 wheels.
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »

An old bootlid that was buggered!!  Cheesy
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2016, 10:54:47 PM »

Hi all,

Long time no post! I broke my promise that I wouldn't leave it too long between posts.
It's been an interesting 9 months. Have gone through a lot of change at work but I've still got a job where many missed out, so thinking myself very lucky.
Have also been busy playing with the trucks too. Will put up posts on their own threads later.
Finally made some visible progress on the FC recently, with the inner and outer sill now sorted. This was helped by a big-arse sheet metal folder I bought cheap. Will post pics of it later.
I'm about to drop the car off the rotisserie and on the wheels for a while so I can set up motor and gearbox, plus bolt a few parts back on temporarily to give me some space.
I'm going to extend my garage under the house to give me a massive garage (should fit 10 cars) plus a good size man cave. I've been told by 'er upstairs that whatever I save by going under budget can buy me the FC wagon I've always wanted. Happy days!
Went from this: The outer sill repair was a previous owner repair. It's not too bad so I'll leave it as is.

To this: I used cold gal (still drying in the photos) until I get around to detailing it.

Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

Pete M,

Engine mounts arrived. Thanks very much, better than the originals! No rush on the inner boot section, going in for shoulder surgery next week so will be off the tools for some time.
While I'm out of action I'll be pushing to get the garage extension under way.

Regards,

Martyn
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »

Good luck with that operation mate . Take your time with recovery and remember there is no shame in having time to consider things . Cheers Haydn
Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2018, 08:57:41 PM »

Hi all, op's over, shoulder's good.
The sedan is being used temporarily as a parts car for the wagon (see my other post) just to get it on the road but plans haven't changed.
I do have one change as the rules have caught up with me which is to do a collapsible column.
I pinched the front subframe for the wagon, but will fix up the wagon subframe over time and use it on the sedan.
Once I can sort out a Flickr account I'll start posting and re-posting my old Photobucket pics.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: