FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:12:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking advice on Gearbox parts  (Read 2022 times)
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »

I have a couple of incomplete Wibroc overhaul kits.
From the components listed in the Crash Gearbox Enthusiasts Guide I have a couple of questions:
Q1. Where am I likely to find - Synchro cone retaining rings (two off) & Counter shaft and reverse gear thrust washers (two off)?,
Q2. Is the RS Seal Oil Gear Box Selector 48 FJ FE FC FB EK Part# 7403035 the replacement for Selector shaft seal (NAK Australia part number E062.100.25)?

Dave
0417 270 315
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:17:25 AM »

I have a couple of incomplete Wibroc overhaul kits.
From the components listed in the Crash Gearbox Enthusiasts Guide I have a couple of questions:
Q1. Where am I likely to find - Synchro cone retaining rings (two off) & Counter shaft and reverse gear thrust washers (two off)?,
The snap ring is generally only obtained by raiding a wrecked gearbox. I may have one if you are stuck, but am on the road for work for the next fortnight.

Q2. Is the RS Seal Oil Gear Box Selector 48 FJ FE FC FB EK Part# 7403035 the replacement for Selector shaft seal (NAK Australia part number E062.100.25)?
Yes, same item.

Cheers,
Harv
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »

Thanks Harv.
The gear box is still in the car, so assuming the snap ring is intact it seems I should be able to reuse it.
With the Rare Spares seal I think I've made up a full kit.

Dave
0417 270 315
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: