FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:36:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 17th FE FC Nationals Canberra 2018 website  (Read 10351 times)
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:09:51 PM »
+2

The website for the 17th FE FC Nationals is now live.  You will find it at http://fefcholden.club/nats17/

There is event information on that site and links to entry forms and merchandise orders forms.

We are already receiving lots of entries and look forward to more coming in.  Please remember that the cutoff for entries is Thursday 25 January 2018.

Entries are welcome by email or ordinary post.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Canberra for a great time at the 2018 FE FC Nationals.

Cheers,
David, on behalf of the Nationals planning committee from the FE-HR Holden Owners Club of the ACT.

Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »

Great stuff with the web page, well done.

Regards

Wayne b
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:10:54 AM »

Got my sandwiches and thermos   tick
washed the wagon                        tick
got my costume ready                  tick
dencorub packed                          tick
bowtie tied                                   tick
spare suitcase for souvenirs           tick

Cathy and surferboy are ready

cruisin's great with a 58
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »

Hello Surferboy & Cathy,

An important thing missing from your list - send off entry form and payment!!  Shocked

Entries are coming in nicely, including from WA - none from Tassie yet - come on Tassie.  Kiss

See you in Canberra at Easter!  Smiley

Cheers
David

mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:26:32 PM »

A question for the event organizers.
Are all entrants members of the associated clubs?
Club membership is not itemized on the application form, therefore how would you know whether an entrant is a member of an associated club?

Ken
ACT59FC
act-club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 05:23:54 PM »

Great question Ken, top right of the entry form has a spot for entrants to advise us which club they are with, entitled Club. I am of the opinion that if the club nominated is not a member of the associated clubs then they will be contacted by the organisers. Likewise if no club is nominated they will be contacted by the organisers.

I hope I have that right and I got what you were asking.

Rod.

FC the Marilyn Monroe of Holdens. All the curves in exactly the right places!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »

Hi Ken,

Unless I'm missing what you're asking, there's a spot on the top right of the form for the entrant's club to be listed.

Once entries close, the organisers send each club a list of their entrants to verify cars are entered in the right class, and to double-check all entrants are members of clubs.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »

Apologies, I missed the bit up on the top right.  Tongue
Sounds good to me.

Ken
JohnBM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »

We were just interested to know if we were booked in ok we did request a receipt on the cheque clearing, (2/8/17), but as yet haven’t had any confirmation.
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 08:25:48 AM »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the interest and comments.  Yes - we are definitely keeping track of the club that entrants belong to, and will check with the various clubs closer to the event to ensure that all entrants are eligible.

If anyone has any queries about eligibility to enter, please check out the website and feel free to email the organising committee on
Some part of this message have been locked
You have to Log-In to unlock it
with any queries in that regard.  We will be happy to link you up with an eligible club if required.  We are looking to encourage people to attend and not make it difficult for those who haven't been part of a club.  There are some rules that govern how the event operates which we need to abide by, but we will do what we can to assist anyone wanting to enter to become eligible if that is an issue.

Likewise any other queries, please email the committee and we will get you an answer.

Cheers
David
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:34:46 AM by RET » Logged

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »

With all due respect I'd like to ask why it is so important that entrants are members of clubs to be "eligible" to enter the Nationals, I woulds have thought you would want anybody that owns a car and has an interest to enter not just club members.

Regards
FireKraka
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »

Hi FireKraka,

The event is run by the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia, for members of the constituent clubs. At its heart, the Nats are a giant combined club run. It is a full four days of events, only one of which is the Show n Shine, which depending on the host and venue, may be open to non-members to participate in some form. For example, when the NSW Club last held the event in Orange, we had a big area of Sir Jack Brabham Park set aside for anyone with an FE/FC who wanted to park and display to do so.

There are other events (such as the Vic Club's FE-FC State Titles, the various All Holden Days etc) that are open to any FE-FC owner.

But realistically, you look at what it costs to get there with your FE/FC, your accommodation, entry and so on. (Not to mention what it costs to build a car in the first place, of course.) Supporting your local FE-FC Club for $40 or $50 / year is chickenfeed.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 09:51:03 PM »
+1

From an outsiders point of view, it's just a big car show. To those members of the associated car clubs around Australia, it is only marginally about the car show, it is about the friendships, the memories of times past and the expectation of times still to come. It is way more than the car show!
Sure it's nice to see lots of new cars but if I was asked whether I would prefer a smaller event with good friends or a huge event with more cars, I would choose the former every time.
Ken
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 09:57:25 PM »

Whoops !
I knew I had forgotten something David  Cheesy

All entered and paid for now.
( I think ?  I did it on the computer and emailey thing so anything is possible  Roll Eyes)

Now to start the trip planning
To quote the Bandit
"we've got a long way to go and a short time to get there"
and we could add.. we've got a whole lot of spending and a very small budget   Cry

The Grand "Plan"
Put wagon on truck mid March
Fly out of Perth Mon 26th
Arrive Sydney lunchtime Tues 27th
Pick up wagon
Drive down Hume Hwy for 3 hours to Canberra
end of trip. This doesn't look like it's going to be a very exciting Nats Diary

surferboy  Cool Cool Cool & Cathy

PS I must be excited...  I've washed the wagon AGAIN  Shocked

cruisin's great with a 58
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »

Hi,

Entry forms, photos of cars entered and cheque sent off in May 17. To date have no word, receipt or entry number.

Regards Rusty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: