FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:08:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Welsch, welsh, core, freeze plugs  (Read 2668 times)
mc59
sa-club

Model: FC

GMH Production Line

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
+1

Hi everyone, Log book came through today. Very excited to get the old girl out of the shed again. Thanks to the team at the S.A. FE FC Holden car club for your help.

However it was a very short drive for petrol, spotted water under car then a dash for home with the temperature light coming on at the front gate.

Now for the technical question. The car has a B Prefix 138 grey motor. Does anyone know what the Welsch plug diameters are and how many of each are needed to replace the lot. Appreciate any help.

Darren
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »

Hi Darren

This guy has them:- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EWP-FX-EJ-BRASS-ENGINE-WELCH-PLUG-KIT-6-CYL-132-GREY-MOTOR-HOLDEN-FX-FJ-FE-FC-/162110712566?hash=item25be8d2af6

He has included all the plugs required for any combination of Grey motor early or late, head or block.

Dr Terry
mc59
sa-club

Model: FC

GMH Production Line

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »

Thanks Doc. They look promising. I'll definitely investigate that further. Just setting up for the engine removal now and may as well take the opportunity to refresh seals ,gaskets and paint while I'm at it. The log book can stay in the glove box for a bit longer.

Cheers for the reply
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: