FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HX Monaro.....outside the square  (Read 5480 times)
Frankiej

Model: other Holden

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:29:31 PM »

This is a question unrelated to this site but someone out there may be able to help, my uncle has a HX 4 door Monaro factory four speed, 308 factory air, black in colour and all chrome work is black as well he said it came like that from the dealer as a demo, it has been parked for 20 years just after he had the frontend fully rebuilt lol. It is original paint and the only rust is on the plenum left hand side, this is a major barn find but owned by my uncle, he has asked me to value the car as he wants to sell it because it is just taking up space now and he won't ever do anything with it, any help would be appreciated on the value of this car thanks in advance frankiej.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 09:01:37 PM »

Very hard to value a car without some pictures of it. I read the words and I see the HJ Monaro on the cover of the latest Survivor Car magazine. But I could be totally wrong. Smiley
If it was like the HJ it would be worth $20000 to $30000 maybe more. It is a 4 door and not a 2 door!
But it could just as well be under $20000. It depends on condition of the paint, the trim and the engine.

I'm struggling to get my head around why a dealership would paint out all the chrome on the car to use it as a demo. This is well before blackout chrome became popular.
The LE Monaro was demo material around the same time with gold and maroon and bling.

Ken
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

If it is really as clean and original as stated it should fetch $20k+ at auction.

In 1982 I bought a HX van for $3500 with 77000km. First thing I did was ditch the sun visor and paint the grille black.

I remember at the time the HZ GTS was a hot item. It featured blacked out chrome trim from memory but may have been a common customisation at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: