FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windscreen trims for FC Ute  (Read 6105 times)
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:23:27 AM »

Hi all, we have chrome trim for the front windscreen - only the top and two sides. I do recall seeing a vehicle with only the three sides and the bottom edge was just rubber. I know they came without the trim as well, but were they done with just three sides, or was the other vehicle just missing the bottom trim from the front like me?
tia

PS the are not installed, looking at putting the windscreens back in.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »

It would be missing, the chrome stripes were always on the four sides of the screen.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

Originally the utes did not have the stainless trim around the front windscreen. That was a feature of Special Sedans and Special Station Sedans only.

But the trim should go around all four sides.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »

Thanks
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »

Hi All
Did I just see somewhere that the rubber seals are different if I want to put the stainless trim on the windscreen?
Helen
ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »

Indeed you did.  If you want to put the stainless trims around the windscreen you need to buy a windscreen rubber for a Special.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »

Indeed you did.  If you want to put the stainless trims around the windscreen you need to buy a windscreen rubber for a Special.

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks, makes sense when I think about it. Got the ute with the windscreen out, not sure what the old owner had planned, new rubbers came with the ute, better check out what I have.
Cheers
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »

Dang, looks like I have a standard rubber seal - its a rare spares one, sticker writing in completely unreadable, but bag has WSB1 written on it, seems like it might be an old code as can't find it but slit open a corner of the bag and it doesn't appear to have a slot on the front of the rubber for the trim to go into :-(
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 06:53:24 AM »

Well we've eventually had a go at the windscreens

first go at backscreen by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr

The holes for the uprights are nowhere near right, have tried fitting one by slitting the rubber  but looks like may need to take out and drill the holes to clear the rubber from where the pins need to go.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 07:01:29 AM by Roybeth » Logged
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 06:58:12 AM »

had a couple of trims where the curve must have changed and just would not go in, but think we have a good set. :-)

first go at windscreen by Helen Sheedy, on Flickr

However, :-( the top strip does not fit flush with the car - hubby was hoping we might be able to push it in further - two questions
* is the top trim supposed to sit flush with the body
* can the trim be pushed in further while still fitted or will we need to take it out and start again
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 09:29:12 AM »

It’s very hard to see in your photo, the top trim should line up nicely with the side trims. There is a little bit of a gap at the top. If it is not seated properly you will have to take it out and start again unfortunately.
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 06:44:40 PM »

It’s very hard to see in your photo, the top trim should line up nicely with the side trims. There is a little bit of a gap at the top. If it is not seated properly you will have to take it out and start again unfortunately.

Thanks, I was pretty sure it would have to come out again - but thought I would put it out there anyway for a miracle - see how we go next time round
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: