FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2020, 07:05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My FC Rebuild  (Read 136149 times)
my8thholden
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 02, 2020, 06:28:10 PM »

Hey Jim ..I am pleased to read your up date ,sounds like you are powering up again ,that is great,there is nothing like that final top coat , I water tested my car the other day ,a little leak at the air vent ,now fixed ,but your screen seals are fine ..I hope to be visiting inspection station by end of May ..keep well Vern .

these days i'm half as good for twice as long
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 02, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »

Thanks Vern, Iíd love to be at your stage now but Iíll keep plodding along and get there one day.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »

Have had a couple of good days on the car, the rh sill is all but finished. Had to do a little massaging to get it to fit well, the top is welded in and Iíll do the bottom next week as I ran out of time. At least the the doors now have a gap and donít overlap. The combination of the new sills and a little rectification on the new door skins has done the trick, once the right side is done itís time to start again and tackle the left side.
The joys of NOS parts that I have learnt are rejects from the factory lines, if they donít fit put it aside and get another one. Then the rejected ones were sold off as spare parts.

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: