FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: End of an era - Booth's Ashfield Auction - Sunday March 5  (Read 4144 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

Hi,

As you may be aware, Dennis Booth has been forced through illness to close his famous workshop. Dennis was apprenticed to his father Oliver when he left school, and has worked on thousands of Holdens (and a few other makes!) over the last 60 years at the workshop in Milton St, Ashfield. The closing of O.N. Booth is truly the end of an era.

All the contents of the workshop are being auctioned onsite on Sunday 5 March, from 10.30.

The Auction House has just published the full list of lots, and it’s available here:

http://arts.theodorebruceauctions.com.au/asp/searchresults.asp?pg=1&ps=25&st=D&sale_no=AS0365+

You will also find details on online bidding there if you are unable to attend in person.

As always, we wish Dennis & Lyn all the very best. They are well loved members of our club, and we can only hope that Dennis’s health continues to improve.

Holden Together,

Richard Thomas
President
FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW inc

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:20:21 PM »

Amazing, most things seem to be estimated well below what they should sell for in my opinion.
If I was going to be there, which I can't unfortunately, I would wear trousers with very deep pockets. Cheesy

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »

I think my favourite is the NOS FC tailgate badge advertised as being off an EJ and estimated at $100

Ken
GMHwagoon

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »

my favourite
                    Fc grille badge with centre replacement   $100-$200

l think a lot more than suggested ,    maybe prices are listed as so to get people in thinking there will be a bargain
       we all see these auctions get out of control

fcwagoon
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »

Not just getting used to earlybitz prices!!???😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »

I am guessing that this Grille Emblem was one of my items sold @ the Vic's Auctiona few years ago. From memory, Dennis was the successful & only bidder @ $500+. Can't see this going for $100-$200! I have collected 4 of these over a 25 yr period.The other 3 went on Miss Mullum. Old Blu & Bruey[ the wagon I restored for Mt Gambier]. They are a beautiful accessory & are now being repro'd with a chromed plastic base. This may reduce the auction price, however, the originals are very collectable & a real conversation starter in any display. As someone whose opinion I respect said to me a long time ago:" they are too pretty to put on a car! I have a NOS one stored away for safe keeping". Deep pockets needed on this one I predict. Cheers old-blu

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: