FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bailey Channel/Door Glass Removal  (Read 4516 times)
Oggz

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »

Hey all, have done a bit of searching but can seem to find what I am looking for.

I am at the stage of replacing all the window channeling for the doors, the old stuff in place in pretty damn old, wouldn't surprise me if was original.

How the frig do you get the old channels out without removing the window and how the frig do you remove the window without removing the old channel?

Cheers

A frustrated Oggz
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »

Hey Oggs, you will have to unbolt the window regulater and slide it from the window channel and remove it from the door via the opening. You can then slide the glass down and pull it out the same way(you may need to take the 1/4 window adjusting bolt from the door to allow a bit of extra movement.
As for the channels, you can use a flat bladed screw driver and lever the channels from inside the frame. You will need to make sure all the old clips have been removed from the door frames.
The door belts are removed in the same manner but care is needed not to chip the paint.
Regards, Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »

Already have the regulator out, window only slides down so far before it hits a bracket, think I am gonna have to take that out. working on the rear passenger first.

I hope the fronts are a bit easier than this one

Cheers
Oggz
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:18:46 PM »

Rear doors, glass comes out by turning to one side and pass it up between inner and outer panels at belt line.
Advice is to buy a manual, page 35 has all the pictures and explains it very well. Best money you will ever spend while working on these old cars.

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 05:14:55 PM »

Yep, rear door is far harder than front door. You will need to take the door check bracket out and then remove the channel adjust bolt as well. The channel needs to be pushed away a little bit to let the window come free.
The door belt strips need to be removed once the glass is down in the door and then the glass will come out upwards.
If the rubber at the bottom of the window is dry and hard it will probably break as the window comes up.
Not much you can do about this.

Ken
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 07:26:22 PM »

Cheers guys, that advice was good Smiley

Oggz
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile