FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:07:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another Holden Book  (Read 2660 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2016, 08:54:16 PM »

I was given another Holden book for Christmas by my daughter. The title is "Holden Our Car 1856 - 2017".  The authors are Tony Hagon and Will Hagon. First published in Macmillan 2016 by Pan Macmillan Australia Pty Ltd. It has one page with the disguised 2018 Commodore so it is a very recent publication.  There are 280 pages in the book.  I have not completed reading the book yet but what I have read I found very interesting.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »

I did a search for the book on the internet and found that Booktopia have this book.

http://www.booktopia.com.au/holden-toby-hagon/prod9781743539019.html?gclid=CK36-8TPltECFYOWvAodzqwEhQ

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »

I also got this book for Christmas and am also enjoying it. Mainly about the Commodore era and what went wrong at Holden since the 80's.
Also recently finished this one which has not really had any publicity that I have seen

More of a naration about the social effects of not only Holden closing, but Ford and Toyota as well.

This book won't be for everyone but I love reading and will often have a couple of books and a magazine or two going at the same time Tongue
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: