FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 08:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Overriders  (Read 3463 times)
njf690

Model: FC

heya

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:19 AM »

Which over riders go where on the bars . 2 of them are slanted and two are straight edged .
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »

They're all the same and therefore interchangeable. Maybe some of yours have been damaged and straightened or rechromed at some time in the past?
The parts book lists FE FC front and rear as all the same part number.

Ken
GMHwagoon

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 11:43:48 AM »

put up a pic if you can
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »

I know that they all have the same part number, but I remember talking to an older panel beater who said that they were handed as front right was the same as rear left as in they were diagonally opposite. When you look at them from front on the left one is slightly shorter on the left hand side as the bar joins and is double thickness on the left and single thickness bar on the right.
I thought it might be a bit "over the top" being only the extra thickness of the bar on the outer side (maybe 3mm at the most).
I have never really measured them that accurately to see if he was right or not!

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »

I've checked the FE parts book to see if maybe they originally were different and then later made the same, but the part number has always been the same.
The only way they can "appear" to be handed is by being bent intentionally by a panel beater or by accident.

This said, I always assemble a number of over riders when doing a bumper rechrome to find the best fitting over riders and also to adjust any that need a little fitting to get them right.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: