FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:09:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Grill badge insert  (Read 4339 times)
Rtaylor

When you drive the best why drive the rest!

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2003, 11:03:50 PM »

Can someone plz advise me on what to do about the silver behind the grill badge and boot badge inserts. I have the boot emblem insert gold part sorted but I need to know what to do about the silver paint behind the grill and boot emblem, to get that final touch looking good.  Smiley   Huh Huh
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 01:19:42 AM »

The original method was vacuum metalising.But to do it on 2 badges the best way would be to paint it with gold or silver leaf.Or I can sell you an overlay which is reflective.
Cheers,
Graham Wink
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 09:39:31 AM »

Try ringing Dale McShane from Classic Plastic 07 5594 3286 He may be able to help you. Best to ring after work as he works during the day.Hope this is of some help.

Regards
Mark

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Roybeth

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »

Hi Guys, I have got another grill for my FC ute - mostly for the grill badge that's on it. It has lost all the colour off the resin insert. I gather I can paint the red and perhaps leaf the silver bits. What sort of paint is used generally for this?

tia
DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »

You could go the new option ( rare spares) like I did or maybe use the model paints you get a hobby stores ( small pots of enamel).
Geoff at Olden1 restores these and after speaking to him went down the new path. I believe he is the supplier to rares for the new items. He informed me that any cracking in the resin would wick in the new paint leaving mixed results. I decided not to bother attempting but put new one on the Christmas list.
Dan

Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »

Thanks for that Dan- will check out the cracks, looks pretty good from the back in that regard but haven't completely pulled it apart yet. But I have got one so will probably give it a go - I like the idea of having an original one on there, even if not perfect - at least for now anyway.
Helen
DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 03:06:57 PM »

Yeah cant harm to try. My original pictured looked like it had been painted previously and didn't look like it would respond well. If you do go down the path of new, they look fantastic and exactly like the old one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: