FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:07:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Canberra FE-FC Holden Nationals - Easter 2018 - Accommodation  (Read 24926 times)
Kathy

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »
+2

Hi Folks
The next Nationals will be held in Canberra over Easter 2018 (Friday 30 March to Monday 2 April 2018).

Headquarters and accommodation will be at:

Alivio Tourist Park
Kunzea Street
O'Connor ACT 2602
Phone: 02 62475466
Email: reservations@aliviogroup.com.au
Web: http://www.aliviogroup.com.au

Alivio have enough accommodation for all of us but it is VERY IMPORTANT that when you book you tell them you are with the FE-FC Holden Nationals - otherwise you will be told they are booked out.  It is also important that you book sooner rather than later. 

They have luxury villas, cabins, motel rooms, caravan sites available. There is an on-site café and bar, camp kitchen, laundry, shop, barbecues, swimming pool, playground etc and plenty of parking for your vehicles and trailers.

More information on the Canberra Nationals will be posted on here as it comes to hand.

See you in Canberra in 2018
philwreck
sa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »

Took your advice to book early and rang today.
Members should be aware that the prices quoted on the web site are for 2016.
Prices for 2018 vary upward between $26 and $58 per night depending on what accommodation you choose.
Start saving!
Phil
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 11:01:15 PM »

Must be time to start working on the Canberra Nats   "budget"  Shocked
Start back to work on Monday. I guess the first thing to do will be to ask the boss for every available Sunday(& Public Holiday) shift for the next 24 months  Roll Eyes

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:05:38 PM »

Yes, all booked!!!  Bringing our caravan for a holiday before and after. See you all then. Cheers Hotlips

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Luke Healey

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »

Will make. A day trip for sure. Car wont be done though 😥

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »

Ok. This year we are travelling with our caravan and neighbours and dogs and therefore as we will be moving on asap we will not be attending the nationals.  We will come for a look at the show n shine tho and hope to meet familiar faces.
Cheers Hotlips and Greg

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Roybeth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 08:20:55 PM »

Oh - heres a goal to aim to have my ute all done - and possibly the resto on the  vintage van to go with it - though hubby said we'll still be getting a cabin (the vvan is a tad small for him :-( - perfect size for me - its a 10fter :-) )

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »

Take the van - hubby can sleep outside  Grin Grin Grin Grin
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 10:22:52 PM »

That's a nice van. Shocked

Ken
antman67
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »

Hi guys. I am in the process of finding options to transport my FC over for the Nationals next year as too far to drive it from Perth. Either truck it direct to Canberra or to Sydney and drive it to Canberra. I have also been in touch with the Alivio Tourist Park however they don't offer powered camp sites so I will be staying elsewhere. With what the car will cost to transport over, I need to keep other costs to a minimum.

The FC Holden is the epitome of vehicle design and manufacture in Australia in the late 1950's and beyond.......
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
+1

If the transport costs favour Sydney, the road to Canberra is now dual carriageway all the way. The road is well maintained & the speed limit is 110k/hr. Once out of the Sydney congestion & onto the freeway you will have an easy drive to the ACT. Allow 3 hours from Campbelltown, including time for a pee & a coffee.
Transporters typically head up the Hume Hwy (Melbourne to Sydney) & they by-pass Canberra, but Yass & Goulburn are on the Hume. If you look on the map you will see they are very close to Canberra. Perhaps a drop off at either place could be arranged. If you fly to Canberra there are several regular daily busses to both places.

Dave
0417 270 315
antman67
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »

Thanks Dave for the info. Yes I saw the Federal Hwy now dual carriageway. The company I am looking at have covered transport options but depends on the cost. I have already approached a couple of others but they wont do covered transport to/from Perth unless they have a minimum number of cars. The next issue is guaranteeing pick up/delivery dates as it's such a narrow window. But will see how we go. At least their depot is in Villawood in Sydney, right next to the Hume Hwy so at least that's convenient. Only reason I am considering as the FC turns 60 next year!! (Mine will be 59). Obviously I have lots to consider between now & then. As far as I know 2 other guys from the FE FC club are heading over but they are driving. They tried to get me to drive over with them but not with a 60 year old original motor and a $15,000 laser cut 2 pack paint job!!!

The FC Holden is the epitome of vehicle design and manufacture in Australia in the late 1950's and beyond.......
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 06:10:49 PM »

I'd prefer covered too after a big investment on the paint. I knew a carrier years ago who did Perth/Sydney/Perth he used rail to cross the plane. The savings on running costs were significant at the time & he maintained it also saved the load from a lot of road grit. Lots to consider as you say, including their track record.

Dave
0417 270 315
antman67
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 03:13:03 PM »
+1

I'd prefer covered too after a big investment on the paint. I knew a carrier years ago who did Perth/Sydney/Perth he used rail to cross the plane. The savings on running costs were significant at the time & he maintained it also saved the load from a lot of road grit. Lots to consider as you say, including their track record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »

That looks superb. See you in Canberra.

Dave
0417 270 315
antman67
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 09:24:07 PM »

Thanks Dave. Now you know why I am anal about how to get it over to Canberra!!

Rapps

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 04:40:49 PM »

This is Just Too cute !!!! What size are the tyres and rims?
antman67
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 11:16:41 PM »

Sorry for the late reply.  13 inch rims. Tyres are 225/60R13

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: