FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:12:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bench Seats  (Read 4408 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: July 22, 2003, 10:26:50 AM »

Does anyone have any pics of FE or FC front bench seats that have been trimmed without the plastic "guards" on. I was thinking to get them done without, but my trimmer suggested that I fit them.
Pics, tips, opinions, anything appreciated.

Cheers
Glenn

robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 10:53:30 AM »

hi stinky      are you doing away with them because yous are crappy ?    i covered mine with vinyl  because they were cracked  - worked well .    guards from fb-ek seats are similar style but metal . i don't know if they fit on same mountings but shouldn't be too hard to adapt    
                                           cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 03:11:39 AM »

Do a search on the forum in the last 365 days for "front seat" and I'm sure you'll find it.  I think it was Slim who had a seat retrimmed without the plastic ends and was happy with the result.

FWIW FB/EK ones don't fit an FE/FC seat.  That would be too easy Roll Eyes  I think if you have the whole EK seat your FE trim can be fitted to it, but don't hold me to that...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 04:02:31 AM »

Hate to disagree RET but I have FB-EK sides on my FC bench seat,when the seat was retrimed the trimer had to cover further down the back of seat at sides FB EK are shorter, the lower mounting brackets are just moved to match screw holes, not a big job.But can only be done if the seat is being recovered
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 11:56:22 PM »

Well I have gone a completely different route, I have a '71 Galaxie sitting in the back paddock and it had some nice ally ones (compete with woodgrain insert), my trimmer reckons he can cut and shut these to suit. They will be covered in vinyl anyway.

Thanks for the tip on Slim's Seats RET, I found the post but the picture only showed the seating area, not the sides of the bench. Funny though, it's the exact same colour scheme as mine.

If anyone remembers Robadubdub(?) who had his FC written off a couple or more years ago, I bought the interior from him. The re-trim was necessary after my blue heeler (RIP) was chasing mice in the garage and they got into the seat, she persued with much vigour and ripped the entire cover to shreds.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 05:13:58 AM »

Sorry, perhaps I should have said "FB/EK trims aren't a bolt-up proposition, but can be made to fit".

Stinky, what are you doing with my '56 in the top left hand corner of your avatar? Shocked

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 05:58:34 AM »

Oh Crap!!! Is that your car??? The guy in Mt Gambier looked pretty honest when I was handing over the folding stuff  Grin Grin When do you want it back?  Roll Eyes

The pic is from an old set that can found here -
http://www.smasa.com.au/documents/archives/1999/mem_cars/glenns_fe_holden.html
Hopefully I will have some new ones in a few weeks, I go on leave early August. There is a growing pile of parts ready to be attached to the FE to make it stop, go and be comfy to sit in. Nights and weekends are spent doing stuff (like stripping the Holley tonight for detailing) while I patiently wait for my parent's household items to disappear from the garage (They moved from QLD to SA).

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 08:23:06 AM »

Regardng the trims, the ones on TC were cracked and had bits missing on the driver's side because of the metal support.  With advice from KEN THE GURU I used fibreglass to support the moulding and repair the cracks and putty to fill in the holes in the moulds where bits had broken off and were missing. Then I got the colour of the mouldings matched at my local hardware store and "Hey presto" all fixed.  
From a brief inspection you can't tell, and even up close I think they look pretty good (am I biased??  Grin  I'll accept opinions on this one!!) But seriously, those who have had a squiz have thought I've done an OK job...and then there's no need to worry about the trim going all the way down!
I guess what you need to consider is if you're going modified or stock......I think good looking moulds look best, but then if you're doing a mod then what ever you feel looks the best goes.
Just a chick's 2 cents worth!
Cat  Grin
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 08:25:09 AM by cat » Logged

Zoom zoom!
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 12:22:29 PM »

Thanks Cat, but out of three seats I have all of the covers were completely cactus and would have required more time and effort than I can really afford. The car is a Street Machine anyway with tonnes of other mods, so what's one more.

Just over one week to go and I get my garage back, woohoo!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: