FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:52:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: plain FE-FC utes and vans  (Read 37985 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 10:27:07 PM »

Regards
Alex

detective

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:48 AM »

...that's very clever and (depending on how close the pedals were to the seat front) would be an even easier entry to the back with an FC and its shorter steering column...
detective

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »

Hi fellas  ..   speaking of shorter steering columns on the FC...was that deemed to be a major boo-boo on the FE's?...or just a refinement of the models' progression.....
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 09:54:11 PM »

Just safety being progressed as injuries identify weak areas. All early cars had a flat steering wheel and injuries in crashes from the steering column were chronic. The dished steering wheel on the FB lessened injury and the introduction of seat belts a few years later dropped injuries even more.

Ken
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »

Now don't shoot me I know it's a Ford , 62 XK .. Picked this van up a year or so age to go with my FC pano .. Have a thing for windowless panos .. Just showing use as it has aluminium rear doors that have been well made .. Most common thought is it might have been a Tip Top delivery van or postal van special order ?? came from around Seymour Vic apparently ..

Mid Nth Coast , NSW
fink

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »

Cool van,nothing wrong with that,i got a 63,not many GM/ford panno,s left,it would be good to know it's history,the holdens with barn doors were f/glass as far as I know,you may have a rare bird Cheesy,good find,Gaz!
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 04:01:50 PM »

Hi fellas  ..   speaking of shorter steering columns on the FC...was that deemed to be a major boo-boo on the FE's?...or just a refinement of the models' progression.....
Are you suggesting that FE steering columns are longer than those in FCs ?

Dr Terry
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 08:11:15 PM »

I didn't read it that way, I thought it was a discussion between FE FC columns and FB EK columns. But now on re reading it does look like that is the question.
Just to be clear FE and FC steering columns are the same. Smiley

Ken
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 10:02:36 PM »

Cool van,nothing wrong with that,i got a 63,not many GM/ford panno,s left,it would be good to know it's history,the holdens with barn doors were f/glass as far as I know,you may have a rare bird Cheesy,good find,Gaz!
Cheers Gaz.. Good to see someone with no bios .. A rare Bird maybe Smiley .. Would also like toknow the origins of the van .. Been on a few ford forums with no results ..
Any pics of your 63 ??

Mid Nth Coast , NSW
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »

Here's a different take on the blind van.
This is Greg Gleeson's van in '86.
It now has a full rear window and no side windows.
(....and a Big Block and tubs.)
Regards
Alex

detective

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2015, 07:34:13 AM »

Hi fellas  ..  that's a nice pic custom FC

....somewhere in the dark recesses of my tired brain was the story of the FE steering columns being a fair bit shorter than the FC ones  ??...and i seem to recall that when i used to look at an FE, the column did seem to stick out a bit further  ??....

...anyone with a tape measure! LOL
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »

No , they are the same . They only differ in horn ring and wiring for indicators [early and commercial or later and passenger] . Haydn
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 09:49:31 AM »

I'm with you Haydn FE FC are the same I swapped mine out to an FB EK one when I bought the car first started work on it in 1996 to get it closer to the dash and out of my face.
I now run a custom column but thats a different story  Roll Eyes

Regards
Neil H
fink

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »

Nice Van,i'd like to see some updated pic's if there is any.It's hard enough to reverse with no side windows,let alone no rear ones,i'm in the process of putting a Rear Camera in the HT for that reason!
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »

Yeah Neil, I done the same ,then change to same length with the collapsible with the rack . You just got to be careful that you can still see the speedo . Haydn 
detective

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »

Hi fellas  ..  i goofed my reply this morning saying the word "shorter" rather than "longer" for the FE column....no biggy, as i goofed on the whole thought that they were different anyway .....cheers
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »

They only differ in horn ring and wiring for indicators [early and commercial or later and passenger] . Haydn

I don't quite follow that.

To my knowledge the columns are the same for both model series (except horn ring of course). Just 2 types, blinkers or no blinkers.

Blinker availability was the same for both FE & FC, standard equipment for all Specials, but only optional for all Standards, Business, Ute & Vans.

Dr Terry
detective

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »

..curly question 4022! LOL....did the provision for the indicator arrow exist in the dashboard gauges across all the FE/FC models? .. or was only provided in the models that came standard with the indicator fitment....??   cheers
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 09:44:25 PM »

..curly question 4022! LOL....did the provision for the indicator arrow exist in the dashboard gauges across all the FE/FC models? .. or was only provided in the models that came standard with the indicator fitment....??   cheers
Yes, the arrow & the light socket receptacle exist in all FE/FC cars.

Not so in FB/EK though, the arrow 'housings' are left out & the plug in put in their place.

Dr Terry
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 11:02:28 PM »

Nice Van,i'd like to see some updated pic's if there is any.It's hard enough to reverse with no side windows,let alone no rear ones,i'm in the process of putting a Rear Camera in the HT for that reason!

As requested.

Regards
Alex

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: