FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:29:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ek brakes upgrade advise needed asap  (Read 3697 times)
-KIWI-

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2003, 06:15:28 PM »

can anyone suggest the best way to upgrade stock  61 ek special brakes ie give better stopping power
prehaps differnt wheel cyd s Huh or not
your thoughts please
regards craig
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 07:31:11 PM »

One of my EK's has a brake booster.It makes a huge difference.I think it is a VH40?type.

Regards Geoff
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 10:40:37 PM »

If originality is important, a booster is really your only option.  Unless you're in the habit of carting a trailer or caravan, I think boosted drums are worse than standard brakes, but YMMV.

If originality is not an issue, then throw the front end you have under the house and put a HR disc brake front end in.  You won't know yourself, the difference is that profound.  Check out the tech info area for info on fitting HR f/e.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 12:07:33 PM »

A mate of mine has an FX sedan and he fitted EH/HD brakes on the original front and rear end.He had the backing plates,w/cylinders,shoes,drums and brake lines changed over from the donnor car. The brakes where recon/replaced where nessecary and he retained the same m/cylinder.Hope this helps.

Regards
               Seb.

Yellow Knight

utey

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 01:07:46 PM »

I fitted HR drum front, cheaper than discs a booster and a complete  EJ rear. Stops very well. If you can find a HD ute rear thats even better, same size drums as HR front.
Nick

If it was easy would it be so much fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: