FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fe sedan v6 build up  (Read 67261 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »

Hey Frankie the VS had the last of the steel fuel tanks and so can mod them.

I researched a heap of exhaust systems when I was to put in a V6 including listening to them on cars and ALL of them sounded like absolute rubbish. Never heard one I liked and they all sounded like a P plater.

Just my 3cents.

Frankiej

Model: other Holden

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »

Hey Deano I'm on the fence with that sound and I like the idea of the steel,fuel tank.
Hey NES do they need to be modified or are they a good fit cheers.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »

I agree with NES on the sound. I bought the buggy with running gear in mind but I just can't do it. Even the diff has the right track. Now I use it as my block tractor. It goes like a cut snake.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »

Hey NES do they need to be modified or are they a good fit cheers.
Depends if you want a tank fill cap on the side of the car? I blocked mine off and stuck a new neck coming through the boot to the original position. Tank itself is unmodified but has about 50mm gap either side to the leaves.

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »

Hey Frankiej;
I used the VP fuel tank and like NES I modified it to run the filler out the back to the original position, these steel tanks are great as you get the standard in tank pump and all of the line fittings you need and you dont need to run a restricted filler neck anymore.

Have a look at JB's build 365 Days in the first couple of pages he shows you the support frame he made to go around the tank I did a similiar thing however I made my frame thicker so that the tank sat below the original boot floor line and I then made a new boot floor so that when you look into the boot it looks standard, my tank support straps bolt to that frame. The tank does not sit below the bottom of the diff.

As for exhaust My sedan sounds great but you get what you pay for, I have V6 Conversion manifolds and from there it is a custom built single 2 1/2" system cat convertor and single muffler cost me a grand but I am really happy. My cat convertor is not a Hi Flow it is standard spec, my engineer told me if I went Hi Flow I would have to have an emission test and that was another $400 but as I said it still runs and (I think) sounds great.

Regards
Neil H
Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2014, 10:26:45 PM »

Hey guys good info there and lots to think about for my build
Thanks again Frankie
Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »

Well it's been a while since I put something up here but I have been busy collecting parts and sandblasting lots of the smaller items, I also got my first donor car a VS Commodore just a shell but the price was the best it was free.
Anyway I will put up some pics of the progress to date and see what everyone thinks, the floor is just sitting on the trailer at the minute until I lift the car of.
Cheers Frankie.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2014, 07:01:51 PM »

Can u pls take a pic for ne of the boot from the top if it's all still in tact? Thanks.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2014, 09:33:44 AM »

I removed the boot hinges and there mounts so that I can play around with them on my fe, also the car has been smashed in the right rear corner creasing the whole boot floor.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »

I got hold of a vs tank. So I gotta decide which way I'm gunna go. I'm gunna get some lc torry flutes for my fe guards.

Deano

Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »

Yeah Deano,i want a vs tank as well, and I have done plenty of flutes in guards over the years haha.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 04:47:36 PM »

Do you need a tank? U would need the high pressure unit in tank too I need the low pressure vn one. I got flutes too. While enquiring in Adelaide today I found a tank with sender for $125. That might give you an idea of what they are worth but some quoted $220. Both at wreckers.

Deano

Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2014, 08:12:12 PM »

Hey Deano im hoping when I buy my donor car a vs it will have the right tank in it, and are those flutes genuine.
Cheers Frankie.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2014, 10:25:29 PM »

I'm not sure, they are very thick and better than current repro's but I think they might be non genuine old stock. They are rough cut so could be. Is there a way of telling as ive not dealt with them much.

Deano

Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »

If they have been cut out of guards then it would be an educated guess that they are genuine, the new ones use .9mm material and have a recessed edge around them for ease of figment, so to me I would say they are the real deal, but why would you do that unless the car was a right of.
Cheers Frankie.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »

The bloke was a Holden nut lol. Hey I found a pic in a magazine of the vintage air in a Chevy. Not sure if it's any use to you but here's some pics.

Deano

Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »

Wow Awsome I still don't know what air con I'm using
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »

We are at a fairly similar planning stage for some of this. There's a vs in pimpinio for sale for 300 bucks. The same bloke has some vn stuff. If you are interested I can pm you his number. Apparently some of the old vans are good to use cos they have compact dashes. It's all fun and games.

Deano

Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »

Yeah that would be cool thanks Deano, I also done some work today on the old girl I took advantage of the mrs being passed out most of the day due to a huge New Year's Eve lol, I removed the fuel tank that is in Awsome condition, I also unpicked a near perfect spare wheel well and cut the vent from the plenum that is rust free.
Frankiej

Frankies restorations
View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »

A few pics to,show the progress today and getting closer to sandblasting the body.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: