FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:58:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Problem solved  (Read 6985 times)
Glen

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »
+2

I have a very much loved FC sedan owned by me for 37 years. I did a thread on it a while back in Members called "mine since 79"

Now that I'm starting to get some spare time, I'm having a play with it to just freshen it up a bit and complete the little things that didn't get done when i was young, Mainly fitting a EK auto floor pan I have and a M21 transmision.

That brings me to my problem. After several abortive attempts, I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no way I will ever be able to attack the floor of that vehicle with any type of metal cutting equipment. It is just too pristine and the sentimental value too great. Who could do such a thing?

There really is only one way to resolve this delema. I have purchased another FC.

It's an old restoration in need of another restoration. I can now remove all the non-original parts from the grey one and use the stock parts from the blue one to put the grey one back to stock original condition keeping my concious clear. I will then use all the later model Holden parts to modify the blue one. I can fit the EK floor in the blue one guilt free it has repair section floor pans in it anyway.

as soon as I get moved into the new shed, its on.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 12:05:09 AM »

Hi Glen,

That's a pretty neat solution.

I'll make sure our mutual friend Craig sees your post.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »

What a great solution, keep us posted on the progress.
Another one being saved and loved.
Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
Glen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:45:52 PM »
+1

Thanks RET.  I had a chat with Craig on the phone. Said he's getting all hip and trendy with a tablet. Let me know what he says when you show him. Last time he was in that car was about 1983
Glen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »

Not much happened yet as far as vehicle work goes. I did find and recover this poor thing. Its got the last few parts I need. The rest of it can be yard art.

http://imgur.com/y1u7Zpm

http://imgur.com/P1vAOJz
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:04:54 PM »

Was it in a dam? Great find anyway with access to bits & pieces you never imagined would be needed as time goes on.

Dave
0417 270 315
Errol62
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 04:19:05 PM »

Best of both worlds glen. What about a trimatic with column shift in the new beast and keep the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »

Good score Glen, when you get a chance could you post rpt he details on the ID plate and the chassis number please.

Thanks Ken
Glen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

Here you go Ken.

The rusty green one.

And the two tone blue one. Was originally a light blue 215. Someone has dressed it up as a special. this is not its original plate.

I'll see if I can find some chassis no's when I get home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: