FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 03:46:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V8 fc sedan  (Read 3991 times)
GMVAN

Model: FC

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:31 AM »

Hi all just a quick question, If I buy a FC which was registered but not now with a V8 in it years ago am I able to swap all the I.D. tags and reregister my sedan with a V8 as if it was the old one. I am in Vic.   Thanks in advance Grubby Grin

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »

As per the same post an hour prior

I'd say no. It'll have to be  re registered and engineered.
Agreed with talking to engineer (don't mention car swapping bit)

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »

As I understand it, the rules in Vic are such that if a car is continuously registered with a V8 from the time when engineering was not required, then it can remain so. Change of ownership nullifies this loophole as does a lapse in registration.
Ken
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »

Ken is right, however I was told by 2 people in motor reg that if I bought an engineered car that has never lapsed in rego, then I can buy that car and get a normal roadworthy and I can use the SA engineered certificate. Now this is not how I read it in the rules but this was coming from the boss at my local office. Another loophole for me is that you can use a direct relative like mother or father and register it under my name legit as an SA garaged car with me living in western Vic. That allows me to not be subjected to the weight vs capacity etc. Also if I put the car in dad's name, if a year later I bought it off him, then I can use the sa engineers cert and go up to 383cid

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

yes SA rules are less restrictive then Vic rules. There are loopholes to be found using SA registration.

Ken
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »

But that's for same car. I would not endorse doing what you are saying because it's unlikely those old standards would get through the roadworthy part which is necessary for change in rego. Even if I could do that with an old car I would want it to be reasonable because of insurance too. Number 1 is the safety of ppl who you share the road with.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »

It's a pretty rigorous test they will do with mine in stages, chassis bend test, then second step is the build, then a rollover test at my expense and if it rolls then I have to fix it! I will be getting full engineers in Adelaide, main reason is we will eventually move back there. What size v8 is it mate?

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »

There's always the option of using a 4 litre Toyota v8 which are bulletproof and build it to the similar carbied specs and manifolds etc as the speedway category uses in New Zealand. That's if u want an engine under the cid for Vic rules. It's lapsed anyway so the short answer is no, even if you swapped plate which I don't know the rules on doing that.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »

Maybe you could make up a foster dad in Adelaide Cheesy or stinky might know someone to volunteer!

Deano

GMVAN

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

Hi all, the car had 350 chev originaly, there will be no skimping on RWC and will be getting it engineered too, just wanted to know if it can be reregistered because it already had been done. Like most guys on the forum who seen an engineer before the rules came in are still OK to go ahead with V8, I thought that because this car had already been registered with V8 that it should be able to be done again Hopefully. Thanks Grubby

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »

Let us know how you go if you don't mind. It's always interesting to talk about these things anyway.

Deano

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: