FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 07:36:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: lil help please  (Read 1547 times)
fc_holden2014

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »

Hi, this might be a bit of a newbie question, but can someone inform me pls, why this fc has different chrome strips to the more common FC special (pic 1). The reason I ask is because my 58 FC special (pic 2) has the twin chrome strips on the rear quarter. Is this a different model? When I bought my FC it had no doors, bonnet, or boot. I have now purchased all these things, though my new doors have the same chrome strips as the majority FC Specials. I am aiming to restore completely original. Any info on my car would be very helpful. Thanks Thomas.

1958 FC Holden   (pic 1)

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/FC_Holden2014/media/IMG_0039_zps512aed46.jpg.html  (pic 2)

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/FC_Holden2014/media/img012_zps0a1405db.jpg.html
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »

Hi Thomas,
I would suggest your car has had an after market additional side flash kit fitted as is the case in the first photo.
Those type of additional kits are extremely hard to come by now. You may have to take the top strips off your rear quarter fill the holes and make it a normal special.
Cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: