FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:38:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alloy rocker covers 6 types to choose from.  (Read 11462 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2003, 06:47:28 PM »

Hi All.
I have found a really nice goodie & need to move some of my stuff.
I have quite a few Grey Motor Alloy Rocker Covers in my shed & don't really need them.
There are:
WEY 3 fins, 5 fins & 7 fins. $50
Lanspeed 7 fins (Very rare) $80
L.Y.N 7 Finned, High top cover. VERY, VERY rare $80
There is also a plain alloy rocker cover with no fins or markings (That I can see). I have been told that it is an original NASCO one, but will not guarantee that. $80

Email me if interested.
r2t2@bigpond.com.au

Regards,
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
hoddo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 06:22:20 AM »

sounds like you know your rocker covers Smiley i have one with 4 fins and the only marking is 'special' on the top
any idea what it is?
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 07:33:02 AM »

YES!!
That is a very nice example. If I am correct, the "Special" will be in a flowing style writing. It was especially made for the FJ series. The "Special" script matches that of the FJ Special sedan.
If you're interested in selling, bang it on Ebay, as the last one I saw went for $200. But, that's Ebay & you never know.
Regards,
Rob J

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 10:06:25 AM »

Hey Rob.
I hope you can answer a question that I have posed many times over many years, and have not got an answer to. What does WEY on the some rocker covers represent? I'm guessing it is the manufacturer, but who?
BTW, a Nasco rocker cover is smooth and plain, but has the "Nasco" emblem as a raised mark on the back (facing firewall)
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 10:09:19 AM by custom_fc » Logged

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 10:17:32 AM »

Hi Alex,
Man, I KNEW someone was going to ask that!! :-/
I have tried to find out MANY times, but always end up just as confused. I know of another manufacturer of alloy Grey stuff (J.W.L Equipped), that for ages I was wondering  what it meant. It turns out it is his initials Shocked

But for WEY, sorry, Mate, no idea at this stgae.

As for the NASCO cover. That is what I had thought as well. This one does NOT have that there, but apart from that, is identical. I haven't seen another brand that is fully plain, that isn't NASCO. But, I suppose they are out there.

By the way, the other goodie is another Norman Supercharger!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

Regards,
Rob J

FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 10:33:33 AM »

Hey Guys
From a very good source, it turns out WEY was made by Waggott Engineering when Merv Waggott was based in Melbourne somewhere, before he moved to Sydney. We think the "Y" stands for the suburb his business was in, but nobody these days can remember. SHHHHH, keep this to yourselves, we don't want to start pushing up the prices do we  Grin

Rob, I had an idea you got onto another Norman, I couldn't think of another "goodie" that you'd be willing to sell all your bits for........

Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 10:41:32 AM »

Yes,
I don't want to get too excited, but when they show, you HAVE to have the $$$$$ ready. This one is quite expensive, but fully ready to go. That will mean one for the wagon & one for the FB Copcar.
All I need now, is a Dunstan Rotary valve for one of the utes!!! Grin (Fat bloody chance, $30,000 for one of those!!)

I agree with Tony on the "Merv Waggot" thing. But I could NEVER find out the "Y" suburb. Youngtown?? Yarraville??. I have gone through about 500 of my old mags & there is NEVER anything about WEY.
Weird!!

See you later.
Rob J

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 11:23:05 AM »

Hi Rob, I have seen some examples of the Nasco rocker cover where the NASCO has been almost polished off, maybe thats what happened to this one.
Gary
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 12:49:45 AM »

You're right about the W.E. standing for Waggott Engineering.  It's my understanding that the "Y" in "W.E.Y" stands for Yagoona.  I wouldn't stake my life on it tho...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 11:28:11 AM »

Hey 4hammers and everyone else, thanks for the input. As I said, I have asked this question many times. One day, someone will have the definitve answer and be able to substantiate it......one day........
Congrats on the Norman you lucky B^$1Ar@  Grin Grin Grin
I can't wait to see them on your car(s) someday.
Regards
Alex
P.S If memory serves me correctly, I can recall seeing an advert for a smooth rocker cover being advertised by an "aftermarket" supplier.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 11:36:05 AM by custom_fc » Logged

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 09:36:07 PM »

Hi.
I  know what you mean about the WEY. It has been bugging me for AGES. If only I could find it in PRINT somewhere. We know it was Waggot Engineering, but have only been able to guess at yhe "Y". Frustrating!!!

As for the Norman, thanks for the congrats, I think :-/
The first one i got is actually a "Methanol Blower". Apparently a special order, very few made. But, not that great for street. So that one will go on something special. But, I had to sell some goodies I NEVER thoought I would part with, so it hasn't been completely painless!

I have cast my beady eyes over that cover, & unless the previous owner was an expert at "Rubbing & Polishing" Shocked, I cannot find ANy trace of the NASCO diamond. I reckon you're right Alex.

Thanks for the info,
Regards,
Rob J

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2003, 10:49:09 AM »

Hey Rob.
The congrats were genuine.
I wish I could score a Norman, might think about putting the grey back into the FC.......or maybe not.
Guess I would have to buy a new car to go with it.
Regards
Alex

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2003, 08:45:46 PM »

Hi Alex.
Thanks. You can take one of them for a spin at the next Nats. I will be there for sure. The hard part is trying to decide which car to put them in. One was going to be the FB Copcar, but that isn't an FE FC, so, maybe I should bung one into the FC ute Shocked Shocked
Probably one in the FC wagon & towing the Blown FC ute!!
Hmmm, decisions, decisions Grin
See you there!!
Rob J

slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2003, 08:54:45 PM »

Hey 4 Hammers , SORRY to inflict pain on you , but your goodies are quite safe in Downtown Liverpool . And its leading me straight to divorce court . Im keeping the CARS , KIDS and NASCO , she can have the rest. Congradulations on the NORMAN . And welcome to the SUPERHARGED class. Blown Copcar ,   Glad they didnt have them years ago , or Id be typing this message from LONGBAY.   HA HA
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 09:02:24 PM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: