FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:28:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TRIMS (MOULDINGS)  (Read 7309 times)
ARTHUR
« on: June 08, 2003, 07:51:23 AM »

MY FC WAS PURCHASED FROM "DONOVAN-BRUSH MOTORS" NOV-59 AT WANGARRATTA VICTORIA

AT TIME OF PURCHASE TRIMMING WAS ADDED TO THE SIDES OF THE CAR RUNING FROM FRONT HEADLIGHT TO TAIL LIGHT

FROM HEADLIGHT TO CENTRE PILLAR WAS IN ONE PIECE
THE TRIM DIVIDED INTO TWO PIECES FROM CENTRE
PILLAR AND RAN TO TAIL LIGHT WITH ALUMINIUM INFILL
IN THIS CASE THE INFILL IS (was) RED

THE CAR HAS BEEN TOTALLY RESTORED AND LOOKS THE BEST EXCEPT ONE S/S TRIM MISSING

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AND IF SO CAN YOU HELP

ARTHUR
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 08:12:08 AM »

Arthur ,off hand I would say its a detroit strip your looking for and  they are hard to find but if your lucky I may have one in the shed ,its an aftermarket strip called a hollywood kit which has been seperated and is probably the same trim give me an Email if interested, Harko.

Heres the rear half see if the trim is the same shape and width.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 11:49:14 AM »

Arthur,

Everyone who participates in this forum reads everything, so no real need for all the cross-posting in the For Sale area.

Anyway, I suspect that trim you are referring to is known as the "Dart" look.  I've got a picture of it, but never seen it on a real car.  If that is the trim in question, it's probably one of the rarest of all Tilli's kits.  You'll have your work cut out for you finding even half a set, I think.  But at least the left and right sides are interchangeable (I think), so you never know, someone might have a half-set from a car that took a big hit down one side.

Wish I could be more help.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 11:59:33 AM »

Arthur,

Just noticed you said "FC", which is interesting.  The Dart (and Detroit kit for that matter) were both for FE.  Is your car (I'm presuming it's a sedan since you mentioned the back doors in another post) a "Special", or a standard sedan?  Either way it would be great if you could post a picture of it.  You just need to register on this site to be able to post attachments.

If you have trouble with it, you can email pictures to me and I'll arrange to get them posted here for you.  Might help in your quest.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 02:03:15 AM »

It's funny that this post came up, as yesterday I saw a magnificent EK in Holbrook - pale green body with a white roof - and it had this kit on it.  The infill was painted the same white as the roof and it looked absolutely awesome FWIW.
Cat

Zoom zoom!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 02:40:31 AM »

Arthur sent me a pic of the vehicle before it was torn down.  As I previously speculated, I think it is a Dart kit, but it's been pretty well butchered :-/  Here's part of the email he sent me:

Hi RET
THANKS FOR TAKING AN INTEREST IN MY QUEST ALSO THANKS TO
HARKO
AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURE I HAVE SENT YOU HEREWITH THE STRIPPING IS RATHER UNIQUE AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP
THE PIECE I WANT IS THE BOTTOM ONE ON THE REAR DOOR WHICH WILL BECOME THE TOP PIECE ON THE OTHER SIDE
I DID HAVE IT ALL COMPLETE BUT THE BODY BUILDERS LOST IT DURING RESTORATION
<snip>

How's that for bad luck  Angry  I've got a picture of the Dart kit for comparison, but will need to scan it before I can post it here.  Stay tuned...

cheers
RET

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 03:05:20 AM »

That's different to the one I saw yesterday.....what I saw was the same as the one Harko posted.  It was extremely cool.....  Cool

Zoom zoom!
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 03:37:29 AM »

I have never seen this particular mould set on an FC , or an FE for that matter , Very Rare indeed , Sorry I cant help you out . Is this a Tilli Kit .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 04:25:13 AM »

In its original form it is a Tilli Kit designed for FE, but presumably would look OK on a standard or business FC sedan or standard FC wagon.

Arthur's taxi (name the song, name the band...) has a custom-fitted Dart kit, with the pieces screwed in all over the place.  If you come to the meeting tonight I'll show you a pic of what the Dart ("they always say it's the Dart") is supposed to look like.

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 04:28:14 AM by ret » Logged

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 06:39:40 AM »

Hi all.
Wow.
That is a weird way to put a "Dart" onto a car. There is an FE wagon in our TAS club down here with a "Dart" kit, so if need be, I would be able to get the measurements of the pieces required & he should be able to get them reproduced somewhere. Or, match them up off anoother car. I have done it to complete a kit.
I also have quite a bit if "Half" kits, so I may be able to help. Just need to clarify 100% the bits he is after.
Regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
ARTHUR
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 07:08:49 AM »

THANKS TO EVERYONE TAKING AN INTEREST

I'LL ACTUALLY TAKE A PICTURE OF THE PARTICULAR
PIECE I AM AFTER A GET TO RET TO PLACE IT FOR ME

BECAUSE THE SECTION IS CURVED AND I BELIEVE AN
EXTRUSION IN STAINLESS STEEL AND CURVED AT ONE
END IT IS NOT EASY TO REPRODUCE

THE COACHBUILDERS I HAVE SPOKEN TO HERE IN THE
WEST JUST SEND ME AWAY

HAD PETER BROCK & MARK SCAIFE AT OUR RESORT THE
WEEKEND THEY BOTH LOVED THE FC THOUGHT IT
LOOKED GREAT  TOOK PICTURES OF THEM BOTH
STANDING BESIDE IT GOING TO PLACE THEM IN OUR
FOYER

THANKS A LOT

ARTHUR
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 10:11:13 AM »

Hey Arthur

Noticed that you are from the west.We have just formed the FE/FC Club of WA  Cool

There are members in the club that have some great contacts in the custom world that may be of help and others with spares.
Give me a ring on 0417919742 or A/H 94096954 for info

Also join the Forum as a member and add to the growing number of FE/FC owners Australia wide who use the boards. Then you can post a photo of your pride and joy for us all to drool over Smiley Smiley

Regards
Gary Stevens
President  FE/FC Club of WA

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2003, 12:55:27 AM »

Arthur sent me a couple more pictures of the car and the piece of trim that needs to be matched.

Hi  RET

I HAVE ATTACHED TWO (2) PICTURES WHICH MAY SHOW BETTER WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

ONE IS OF THE CAR FROM THE DRIVERS SIDE  THE OTHER IS OF THE TRIM BUT OF COURSE THE CURVE NEEDS TO BE THE OPPOSITE FROM THE PICTURE

ITS THE PASSENGER SIDE I'M TRYING TO COMPLETE

SORRY THE IMAGES ARE NOT CLEARER BUT THE MEASUREMENTS ARE 480mm TO THE CURVE AND 620mm OVERALL----THESE MEASUREMENTS CAN VARY SLIGHTLY

I CAN CUT TO SUITE

THE TRIMS MAY OF BEEN USED ON OTHER CARS (E.G YANK TANKS) AT THE TIME AND ADAPTED TO THE FC --- MAYBE IT WAS JUST AN EXTRA PROMOTED BY THE WANGARRATTA DEALER

THE TRIM IS SPLAYED OFF AT THE DOOR EDGE AND CUT BY SAW ( the burring is still noticeable) TO ACHIEVED THE MITRE TO MARRY UP WITH THE ADJOINING PIECE

THE TRIM NO DOUBT CONTINUED ON THE CURVE MORE THAN IS SHOWN

PLEASE TRANSFER THIS INFORMATION TO THE FEFC FORUM

REGARDS

ARTHUR

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2003, 01:00:59 AM »

And here is another picture, this time post-restoration.  This is the car's presentable side Cheesy

cheers
RET

PS - (and O/T) no-one's taken me up on "Name that tune?"  Here's a clue: one of Australia's finest and most successful pub bands Roll Eyes

HARKO
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2003, 03:06:12 AM »

This strip is exactly the same as the front guard strip from the kit I have although I think it was longer from memory ,but not hard to cut dom ,Looks like your in luck, One condition though Arthur "You may want to join the club now"
All of us are a wealth of knowledge and you have just scored a rare piece that you would probably not have gotten otherwise .
and besides we can always do with another FC nut with a cool tilly kit  Grin
Il dig it out soon and measure it up but dont see a ploblem,Cheers
ARTHUR
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 08:20:03 AM »

HARKO, IF YOUR GOT THE GOODS YOUR MY MATE FOR LIFE

I WILL BE JOINING THE CLUB BEEN MEANING TO GIVE
THE BOYS IN WA A CALL

I'M OFF  TO SEE A FEW FC's IN THE BUSH THE WEEKEND,
ON A FARMING PROPERTY, THEY ARE EVIDENTLY DITCHED SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BACK

HOPEFULLY I'LL FIND SOME GOODIES FOR OTHER PEOPLE

REGARDS

ARTHUR

P.S.  THANKS RET FOR YOUR HELP
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2003, 08:50:54 AM »

hey arthur
         what part of wa are you from

trev

ps send private message if you prefer

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
ARTHUR
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 01:39:16 AM »

Hi TREV

WE LIVE WITHIN THE HILLARYS BOAT HARBOUR

OUR ADRESS IS:-

TOWNHOUSE 9
68 SOUTHSIDE DRIVE
HILLARYS W A 6025

TELE 08 9447 9812 FAX 08 9243 3737 MOB 0411434395

WE OWN AND RUN THE HILLARYS HARBOUR RESORT

THE PLACE IS MAGNIFICENT ANYONE WANTING TO STAY
GIVE ME A CALL

REGARDS   ----   ARTHUR

ARTHUR
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 10:26:29 AM »

HI FELLAS

GOT MY BROTHER OVER FROM MELBNE HE'S A MAGPIE
SUPPORTER OTHERWISE A GOOD BLOKE

TAKING HIM DOWN TO FREO SUNDAY HAVING A
CHINO AND A LOOK AROUND THEN BACK HOME

P.S. THAT IS IF IT'S NOT RAINING, CAN'T GET THE FC
WET

ARTHUR
HARKO
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 07:26:11 AM »

Hey Arthur a pic for you to compare and if your interested give me a call 0405 309 325
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: