FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper motor wiring.  (Read 3498 times)
FC Dave

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »

I have an electrical question. I have an electric switch in my 58 wagon for the wipers with 2 wires. On the ohm meter it is good. On the wiper motor ( not sure what model) I have 2 tabs for wires. One says Battery, the other, switch. I am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as what goes where. There doesn't seem to be an earth point. Any combination I have done seems to power up the whole wiper motor, casing and all . Are these earthed through the body?  Thanks in advance, Dave.
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »

Dave, if it is an EK wiper motor there should be a thin copper strap on the wiper motor for the earth, from memory the 'B' goes to power the 'S' goes to the wiper switch and the switch has a power side as well. I'll check my old loom tomorrow as I still have it all connected from when I took it out of the car and let you know.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:54:14 PM »

Just put the dogs to bed and checked the wiring, it looks like the second wire from the switch went to earth not power.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:56:36 AM »

Thanks for that info. A mate put the motor in, so I'm guessing he didn't have it earthed.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:57 AM »

For simple single speed motors the circuit goes: battery - wiper motor - switch - earth.
However, once the switch is off the motor stops, hence an additional earth strap is added to allow the wipers to park once the switch is off.

Ken
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 06:44:42 PM »

Thankyou, I will give it a go on the weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: