FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 12, 2024, 03:07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Carby - Inlet Manifold insulator / spacer  (Read 3071 times)
Pete51

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »

Can anyone advise of reproduction spacers / insulator for the inlet manifold to carburettor base on standard grey motor?

Finally found a small crack in mine and need to replace it. Rare Spares in CBR have advised they have none in their catalogue.

What does everyone else use or does anyone have a contact for repro??
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 12:30:33 PM »

I have some 12mm alloy i can cut one on the waterjet for you ?

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »

I was in the Sydney Rare Spares outlet (American Autos) a fortnight ago, and they had an advertising flyer on the desk, printed on yellow paper. It was mainly for manifolds, and from memory was from Lynx Corporation. It had the spacers for Strommie carbs.

Try Lynx, or call American Autos and ask.
Lynx: (02) 43670522
American Autos: (02) 97690655

Cheers,
Harv
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »

I would have a spare one somewhere if you cant find one elsewhere. They also were standard equipment on many English cars of the same era including most Vauxhalls with downdraft zenith carbies Viva Victor ect Hillman ,singer. Its a good idea to face them on a piece of window glass with a sheet of wet and dry, they sometimes warp. They are very useful for levelling twin and triple systems. Message me if you need one.
Pete51

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:12:03 PM »

Thanks all for your help. Managed to razzle one up in a box i've never opened. I didn't install all the mouse sh$t though.

Running a treat. Have one on order from surplus parts sydney too. Same as a Vauxhall apparently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: